Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Top 10 Favorites and An ANNOUNCEMENT

Hello friends!
It proves to be super difficult to select Top 10 Favorites. 117 entries are not the most entries we have, however, the quality of work in each entry is stellar. Thank you for your patience.

Without further ado, here are the Top 10 Favorites.
 (in no particular order)

1.  #6 Lindsay A.(simple stripe/flower formula with perfection)

2. #8 Linda Brandyberry  (love how Lin rocks that plaid pattern with two cards)

3. #14 Penny Ward (there is no plaid like home....love this homespun design)

4. #32 Thordis (the DIY plaid totally rocks!)

5. #55 Humblechan (way to use the stripey pattern paper) 

6. #62 Hannellie (the placement of stripes and color combo....swoon!)

7. #71 Sarah G. ( hello, plaid sentiment!!)

8. #74 Toni at FHC (that plaid-stenciling is sheer perfection)

9. #84 Melissa L. (beautiful plaid effect with the leaf die)


10. #102 Jessica Lin (genius use of Washi tape)


Among the Top 10 Favorites, this time we have two winners.

With RANDOM. ORG's help, 
 The first random winner that will receives a (Mini or Original) MISTI of her choice is.....

 The 2nd winner that will receive Concord and 9th stamp set is.....

 Congratulations, Thordis and Jessica, please claim your prize by Dec. 5th, 11:59pm, EST or another Top 10 Favorite will be randomly picked for the prize.
The following are our Honorable Mentions that are worth checking out.

#63 Janet Swanlady21
#75 Oleysa K.
#83 I Card Everyone

Now...here comes the last bit...
As you know, this challenge blog is run by one person-->me, Virginia. I feel that it is finally time to say good-bye while all things are still going great. I simply do not have enough hours to properly run the challenge: inviting guest designers regularly, getting sponsorship and giving each entry enough love and attention. We are ending in Challenge #25 and that's not bad at all. I definitely set out to do more than what I had intended.  Therefore, this is it.
 My huge, ginormous thanks to the past guest designers who gave their time and shared their talent freely right here in this blog. They truly made this blog the "happening place". For that, I am so very grateful.

I truly hope that you have enjoyed playing in this challenge in the past. Your support and feedback are always so positive and encouraging....which is why it is SO hard to say good bye.

Please know that this blog will remain open for future inspiration purpose.
You will still find me busy blogging in my own blog: Yes, Virginia...
Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

19 comments:

Hannelie said...

Thank you so much for the honour Virginia! Sad to see one if ny favourite challenges coming to an end, but I totally understand.
Hugs and thanks for always inspiring me x

Cindy C. said...

Big congrats to all the Top 10, honorable mentions and winners!

But even bigger congrats to you Virginia for having hosted this wonderful challenge for us. It's been great!! And I will miss it very much. Sad to see it end; but I do understand that it does take lots of time to run. Appreciate all you've done, and hope that it would return on occasion. Hugs!!

Cecilia Hsieh said...

Thank you Virginia for all your hard work! I've have enjoyed all your challenges!

Anita in France said...

Haven't always been able to play along, Virginia, though I have always enjoyed all the wonderful inspiration here at VV. Congratulations on having achieved so much with just one pair of hands ... sorry to see it all come to an end ... thank you for all you've done! Hugs, Anita :)

jessiehandmade.com said...

Thank you so much for the honor!! It's sad that I've only started participating in card challenges half an year ago, and thus have entered in VV for only a couple of times... definitely not enough! Thank you though, Virginia, for your input in this incredible challenge blog and all the wonderful inspirations!

honeybeelane said...

Thanks so much, Virginia! I, too, will be sad to see you challenge go away, but totally understand your reasons. I look forward to visiting your blog and seeing your inspiring art there. Thank you for the fun and encouragement. XO Melissa

Shelly said...

Congrats to all!
Thank YOU so much, Virginia! I absolutely loved playing along with all the challenges! I will miss them but completely understand. Thank you for leaving the blog up for inspiration, too! :)
Thanks again for all you've done...see you on your blog. Hugs

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Bravo for making it to 25! It's a lot of work to do a challenge blog. Thanks for all the inspiration, encouragement & fun.

I Card Everyone said...

Thank YOU Virginia ... we'll keep in touch, right!! Thanks, too, for the honorable mention ... it has been a pleasure!
=] Michele

Greta said...

Congrats to the lucky winners & the Top 10! Good for you, Virginia, prioritizing things. I've been doing some soul-searching myself--life is short. Happy Holidays, Greta

CinnamonSally said...

I have enjoyed your challenges Virginia, I haven't always found time to take part but Its always fun to see what other people create when given a challenge. Thank you.

Helen Gullett said...

Congratulations to all winners and spotlights!

And... Virginia, you are awesome. I'll miss this challenge for sure.

LauraJane:) said...

Congrats to teh featured artists!! Outstanding work:))
Will miss your challenges greatly Virginia! I understand the time constraints.. Hugs!!

Darnell J Knauss said...

Congratulations to all the deserving winners! Thank you, V, for running this fabulous challenge as long as you did. It is a tremendous amount of work and we all understand! I look forward to continuing to see your beautiful art on your personal blog!! Hugs, D

Thordis said...

Thank you so much Virginia! And congrats to all the winner!
I can hardly believe it!! Wow what an amazing prize!
I'm super happy, but in the same time I'm super sad, to hear this is the last challenge. I haven't played in all of them, but there has always been so much inspiration from you Virginia and other crafters.
But I totally understand that this is the last one, because of the time you put into it.
But I can thankfully always look on your blog, to see your amazing projects! Hugs!

Nicky Hsu said...

Big congratulations to Top 10. Stunning creations.
thank you for running such awesome challenges and sorry we have to say goodbye. I will stick around to continue be inspired by your amazing creations.

Lisa said...

THANK YOU for your wonderful challenge Virginia!! You know I'll still be around, stalking your blog as always!!

Kara Lynne said...

Congratulations to the top ten! They are all amazing designs! Thank you, Virginia, for allowing me to be your guest for this last ride. Your challenge was always a favorite. Even though I can't participate in blogland as much as I wish (as evidenced by how late I am commenting), your creativity and encouragement mean so much to me. Thank you for hosting this wonderful challenge that brought out the best in all of us!

SonjaK said...

Hi Virginia!
I didn't have much spare time over the last two month so I totally missed your last challenge and I only now realize that your closing Virgina's View for good. As sad as it is for me to say good-bye to this wonderful challenge I truly understand why you're closing. So thank you so much for all the wonderful challenges in the past and all the inspiration you gave us.