Thursday, October 13, 2016

Guest Designer--Kymona Tracey

 Hello friends!
I am delighted to introduce you our guest design for the "Focal Point" Challenge. One of the many joys in running this challenge blog is getting to know the new (to me) talent out there. Today's guest designer is one of those....Kymona has been the regular in entering the challenge here. Her work is always polished and well-executed. I always treat her artistic projects as "Eye Candy". Her beautifully-stylized photography is something that I admire as well. Kymona happens to be our last month's change winner and it is high time we put her work in focus...

 Kymona: Hello everyone!!  It's Kymona from Kreative Kymona and I'm over the top excited about being here with you today.
focal-point

This month's theme is Focal Point!  What is focal point you ask? Its the center of interest or activity!  I love that definition.  
As crafters, we are always focused on the project we are creating. Now image zoning in on one particular image in your project.  Check out my card:
discover-your-dreams-1
Kymona: The middle butterfly is the focal point of this card for two reasons: 
  1. It's the middle butterfly, and
  2. It's the only butterfly with color. 
The colors and placement draws your eyes right to it!
Here's a close up:
discover-your-dreams-closeup

Kymona: Watercoloring was a perfect medium for this butterfly!
Here's how I created this card:
I used Taylored Expressions Discover Your Wings stamp set and the Mini Misti to stamp the butterflies and the sentiment using Clearsnap Colorbox Archival Black Ink.
Then I used Sakura Koi Watercolors to add mixed colors to the middle butterfly.
Nice, simple and elegant.  My type of clean and simple card!! Lets take another look:
discover-your-dreams-2

Kymona:What do you think?  Would you give this challenge a try?
I can't wait to see what you create.
Thanks for stopping by!

I love the simplicity of Kymona's gorgeous CAS project.  Please stop by Kymona's blog Kreative Kymona and leave her some love. There is still plenty of time to enter this month's challenge! Please keep them coming! Thanks so much for stopping by!

ps: there is a sale going on....
use code: NEWHA 
Shop here
s

3 comments:

Pocono Pam said...

Love this card!

Bibi, Rubber Dance Stamps said...

I am big a fan of Kymona and this card is absolutely gorgeous! I think she nailed the focal point theme, and I love the watercolouring! ♥

~amy~ said...

gorgeous! Love Kymona's work!