Thursday, September 1, 2016

Virginia View Challenge #23

Happy September! 
I am happy and excited to start our latest challenge.
I don't know about you, but I like to control the elements in our design. 
But what about using the following as part of our design?

"Spray, Mist and Splatter" are not the immediate elements that you reach often to add to your design. But when you do, aren't they so much messy and uncontrollable exciting and fun? That unexpected and surprising element truly makes the design organic and handmade!

This challenge's winner will receive ....

 $50 gift card to Lindy's Stamp Gang store
Since 1998 Lindy's Stamp Gang created their own mica, sprays, paint. They are known in the industry for their gorgeous two-tone colors available in sprays, powder paints...etc.
 You can visit  Lindy's Stamp Gang over Simon Says Stamp
s




Note: you are strongly encouraged to use Altenew Stamps in your entries as there will be a special link-up event to win a gift card to the Altenew online store (more details to come later).

I am using both Lindy's Stamp Gang and Altenew products for my You Tube video.

The unexpected splatter and spray mist enhances the design, don't you think?

Card #1
#1
Card #2

#2
Card #3
#3
Card #4
#4
  I want to encourage you to be creative and get messy!
Get those sprays , mist out and add some splatter.

DSC_0057

There is no limit as to how many cards you can enter. The Top 10 Favorites will be chosen based on the overall design, techniques and execution. 


You will get this hard-earned blog badge (wink!).

  The winner (randomly chosen from Top 10) will receive a $50 Lindy's Stamp Gang gift card. 
To keep things simple and easy, the challenge will run till midnight September 18h. Top 10 favorites and Honorable Mentions will be announced on the 25th.

Please continue to support this challenge by using the links to shop over Simon Says Stamp and Craftsy (see side bar). This will not cost you anything, but the small commission from your purchase will go toward our prize. Thank you!

18 comments:

Greta said...

I'm actually pretty addicted to splatters & sprays & I adore my first Altenew stamp set, so can't wait to enter the challenge! Your cards are just stunning, Virginia--gotta case these!

Maaike Uijthoven said...

great set of cards, I love splatter, spraying doesn;t always work for me ;-)

Marianne said...

I guess I was wrong thinking the new challenge would be about butterflies and things with wings, but of course I could still use them with sprays and splatters. Love your bright and happy cards.

Melissa L. said...

Can't wait to play along and get messy and uncontrollable (exciting and fun). :) Thanks for another inspiring challenge.

Kim M said...

I love using splatters and sprays! Unfortunately I don't have any Altnew products. :-(

Betty Keefe said...

i have some new Altenew stamps and spatter stuff - am anxious to get going your new challenge!!

Maureen Reiss said...

Really Gorgeous cards!! I LOVE Lindy's sprays!!!

Cindy C. said...

Wow wow wow gorgeous results!! Yes I am inspired!! Thanks for another fun challenge Virginia!

LauraJane:) said...

This IS going to be a challenge:))

Megan said...

Oh man, I'm breaking out in a sweat just thinking about sprays and mists! I'm totally from the "messy and uncontrollable" side of the debate :)

Anita in France said...

Such lovely cards, Virginia ... and gorgeous spraying and splattering! Will put your inspiration to work to come up with a little something! Hugs, Anita :)

conil said...

Wow, this really is going to be a fun challenge. Maybe it will get me to use these sprays of mine more. The card set you made really turned out beautifully.

Nora N. said...

Oh wow!! I will definitely be doing this over the weekend!! I LOVE your pretty cards Virginia!!

Lisa said...

These are all ever so pretty Virginia!!

Becca Cruger said...

What a goooooorgeous set of cards, Virginia! And I'm so glad your challenges are back up and running because they always keep me so inspired. :)

Susanne Vargas said...

You are right, it is a little hard to have so little control over the outcome but oh, so much fun to play with sprays, mists, and splatters! Pretty set of cards!

Karen P said...

Thanks for another fabulous challenge Virginia! Your cards are beautiful Karen x

Barb Ghig said...

Such a gorgeous effect with your splatters and sprays, Virginia! I can't wait to start playing with my supplies and join in your challenge :)