Sunday, December 13, 2015

Virginia's Take on Glitter

Hello! Are you inspired to add glitter to your project yet?
 December is the perfect month to do so!
 First of all, it is not a party without prizes...in addition to the TWO Simon Says Stamp $25 gift voucher for this month's challenge, I am pleased to announce that Winnie and Walter
is generously donating a $25 gift card to their store ! We now have 3 prizes!
http://www.winniewalter.com/collections/what-s-new

Thank you SO much, Julie and Shay! Naturally, I want to create a fun, festive and glittery card with one of my favorite stamp sets "My Precious" by Winnie and Walter.
Sparkle and Shine
About this card:
~use glitter embossing powder: do not under estimate those glittery embossing powder. I first embossed the Enchanted Gold Embossing Powder on vellum.
~alcohol inks: some of you might be a bit intimidated by alcohol inks because they are super bright and can be overpowering. BUT if you use just a tiny bit, they are absolutely lovely! In this case, I dabbed the alcohol inks on the back of the vellum and it is "just right".
~be bold with the sentiment: I was just being "silly" creative and used gold thread to wrap up the sentiment. I think it makes a statement and sure adds pizzazz to the design.

DSC_0281 (1)



As you can see, I am still having fun with this challenge. It is so hard to step down from this challenge blog. I hope that you know that!

Lastly, I want to mention that our previous guest designer Mayuri is teaching a new class "Radiant Stamping" over Craftsy! If you love anything colorful, this is a class that you may want to sign up!
s
There is still plenty of time to add glitter and join this fun challenge!
Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

~amy~ said...

Virginia, this is beautiful! Love how you incorporated the colors and the glitz!

Karen said...

LOVE this card!!!

Helen Gullett said...

I do love your card today! And I love using glitter clear embossing powder. I have some mixed with gold and silver embossing powder. They are fun to use :)

I Card Everyone said...

OH Virginia! I have a little jar of that embossing powder that has never been touched... until today!!! Thanks... your card is gorgeous!!!
=]

conil said...

Oh my gosh. This is so glittery and festive. Love what you did with the sentiment, it's genius. The enchanted gold embossing powder really looks amazing with all these colors. The whole card is just gorgeous.

Anita in France said...

Wow, Virginia, that gold glitter EP is gorgeous ... fabulous with all those jewel colours ... a shimmery delight! Hugs, Anita :)

SonjaK said...

So damn beautiful, Virginia! Especially love that golden thread.

Greta said...

Super fun card, Virginia! Gotta try my alcohol inks on vellum!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

gorgeous Virginia! Love how you added the wrapped thread!