Saturday, November 21, 2015

Wrap-Up Post

Hello friends!
First of all, I'd love to thank those of you who are new to this challenge blog and have now become followers. Welcome! A BIG round of applause to those of you who submitted your textured cards in this last challenge. The number says it all--239 of them! Wow, amazing!!

Due to time constraint, I have simplified the categories and summed up my findings. I am sure the more you look at the entries, the more you'll find that each entry has a contributing element about "Textures". That's why this challenge blog has become a good source of inspiration. At least, that's how I see it :)

Here is the highlight of "how we did it"!  

1. Dry-embossing: the good old-fashioned way of adding textures. This tried and true method never disappoints.  
2. Embossing: this is the staple for every stamper. And why not?  It is fun, effective and totally addictive! 
 
3. Mixed Media: adding and applying all kinds of Mixed Media onto the projects is the best part. The process of having a play with your go-to supplies is...priceless. The results are most satisfying! 

4. Scored Lines: this subtle element can enhance so much! 
5. Die-cutting: intricate dies sure make a very textured statement. 

6. Stencil/Embossing Paste: this proves to be the most popular way of added textures. It's not hard to see why...gorgeous, every. single. time. 

7. Unique and Creative Textures: burlap, felt, corrugated card board, strings....just to name a few. 

And there you have it. Please come back on Nov. 25th when we share our Top 10 Favorites and HMs. Till then. Thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

Maaike Uijthoven said...

awesome creations

Marianne said...

So much inspiration and so many things to try...
I'm also thrilled to see one of my creations in this wrap up post.

Wiebke Kommerell said...

Wow, I feel so honoured to see one of my cards here in the Wrap-Ups :-)
There are so many stunning cards in the entries. I admire Virginia for her patience to analyze all of these cards in categories and to write all the nice and friendly comments on every entry!
Big "Thank You" for everything you do for all of us, Virginia!
Greetings, Wiebke

~amy~ said...

gorgeous inspiration!!!

I Card Everyone said...

Virginia, I am a little teary, and a whole bunch surprised ... but mostly honored ... thank you, dear one.
=]

Cindy C. said...

Oh I am tickled pink to find my card in the wrap up post! Thanks so much Virginia! And you're absolutely right, your challenge blog is truly a great source of inspirations!!

SmilynStef said...

Thanks so much for featuring my card ... so much beauty here.

Laura Norris said...

All of these are beautiful! Thank you so much for featuring my card among them!! I am honored.

Cecilia Hsieh said...

Thank you for spotting my card! I really loved the challenge! Some great cards here!

Shelly said...

OH MY WORD!...How AWESOME are all of these?!! Wow!
Thanks so much for the notice, too! <3

LauraJane:) said...

AMAZING textured cards today!! Lovely wrap-up:)

maria f. said...

Thanks for including my tag in your fantastic wrap up post. Many of my faves in it as well.

Helen Gullett said...

It's a fun challeng for sure! Thanks for picking my Give Thanks Wood Plank as one of the Warp Up.

SonjaK said...

Wow, so many awesome entries in the wrap up. Must have been extremely difficult to sort them out. I'm so happy that my tag is featured among all those many beauties. Thank you very much!