Sunday, November 8, 2015

Guest Designer-Nina-Marie Trapani

 Hello friends!
We have the pleasure of having a uber talented 20-something card-maker---Nina-Marie Trapani
You may have seen her super cute designs all over blogsphere with her DT work and her illustrations in designing stamps for major stamp company, such as Simon Says Stamp (YES, I know, right?). Nina-Marie Trapani is also a frequent participant of this challenge blog and has won a few times as the Top 10 Favorites. Today is a perfect chance to showcase her talent. Let's get to it!

Nina: Hello Everyone, I'm so glad you have stopped by today! I am honored to be guesting over at my good friend Virginia's challenge blog today for her "All About Textures" challenge, and I hope you'll be joining in on this fun, month-long challenge!   

Nina: For my first card that I am sharing today, I have used some brand new stamps from both Mama Elephant and Simon Says Stamp to create a shaker card. The stamps I've used for this are the Jingle Greetings set from Mama Elephant, and the For to Us set from Simon Says Stamp.   Shaker cards are extremely popular and fun cards to make because they are interactive! Sequins are a great and inexpensive product to use to create texture on your cards. Other ideas that you can pull from my card for creating texture include:
  • Glossy Accents
  • Distress Stickles
  • glitter paper or cardstock
  • embossing powders
  • ink-splattered backgrounds using distress ink


Nina: I've got a video for you showing how I created this shaker card, which you can watch below, or over on my YouTube channel.    
Dashing Through the Snow (fox card):
 Memory Box Clear Stamps FOXY HOLIDAY POPPY STAMPS CL411 Newton's Nook Designs FESTIVE FLAMINGOS Clear Stamp Set 20151004 Newton's Nook Designs HOLIDAY WISHES Clear Stamp Set 20131003 Simon Says Stamp Stencil FALLING SNOW SSST121324 Simon Says Stamp STITCHED RECTANGLES Wafer Dies sssd111455 In Stitches Mama Elephant LOTS OF STARS DIE Creative Cuts Set Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad PICKED RASPBERRY Ranger Summer TIM34995 Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad SEEDLESS PRESERVES Ranger Fall TIM32847 Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad SALTY OCEAN Ranger Summer TIM35015 Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste WHITE Studio 490 WVPASTEWHT Tsukineko Versamark EMBOSS INK PAD Watermark VM-001 Ranger Embossing Powder SUPER FINE WHITE EPJ36678 Bazzill 40 LB VELLUM 8.5 x 11 White 25 Sheets DCWV Cardstock 6 x 6 GLITZY GLITTER Paper Stack Matstack MS-019-00052 Ranger Inkssentials GLOSSY ACCENTS Glue Dimensional Adhesive GAC17042 ZIG Wink of Stella GLITTER CLEAR Brush Tip Marker 025320

Nina: For my second card, I have chosen to work with the Foxy Holiday stamp set from Memory Box; this set is a pretty new set to the market, and Memory Box -always known for their high quality dies- has come out with quite a few other adorable stamps!

Nina: If you know me, you know how much I enjoy making scene cards, so I couldn't pass up the opportunity to make a scene from this set. I stamped all my images onto white cardstock and colored them in with my Copic markers. Everything was cut out using fine tip scissors, but you can purchase coordinating dies as well (I will link below to the dies). To add texture to this card, I used a variety of fun mediums which include:
  • distress inks creating an ink-smooshed background
  • embossing/texture paste applied over a stencil
  • layering die cuts together to create snow banks
  • Glossy Accents
  • embossing powder
  • stars die cut from glitter cardstock


Nina: There are so many fun ways to incorporate texture into your cards; the possibilities are nearly limitless! Other ideas for adding texture include: fabric, acrylic paints, burlap, canvas, buttons, hemp, foiling, spray inks, sponges and so much more.   I encourage you to explore the possibilities of adding fun textures to your cards and I also hope you will be linking up to the Virginia's View "All About Texture" challenge... I cannot wait to see what you come up with! Happy Creating!

 Please help me thank Nina-Marie by giving her a big fat thumbs-up for her You Tube video that she created for us. You can subscribe her videos here and follow her blog here.
   This young card maker is the super nova star that will keep the industry bright and shinning! I strongly encourage that you give her your love and support.
Thank you, Nina-Marie, for your outstanding work.

 Season’s Greetings (Shaker Card):
 Simon Says Clear Stamps FOR TO US sss101573 Create Joy Mama Elephant Clear Stamp JINGLE GREETINGS Simon Says Stamp STITCHED RECTANGLES Wafer Dies sssd111455 In Stitches Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad TUMBLED GLASS Ranger TIM27188 Tsukineko Versamark EMBOSS INK PAD Watermark VM-001 Ranger Embossing Powder SUPER FINE SILVER Detail EPJ37415 Judikins EMBOSSABLE WINDOW PLASTIC SHEETS AP512 Tim Holtz Distress Stickles 1.1 OZ. ROCK CANDY Glitter Glue Jar Ranger TDR35886 DCWV Cardstock 6 x 6 GLITZY GLITTER Paper Stack Matstack MS-019-00052 Ranger Inkssentials GLOSSY ACCENTS Glue Dimensional Adhesive GAC17042 “BERMUDA Pretty Pink Posh 4MM LIME SORBET Cupped Sequins Pretty Pink Posh 4MM LEMON MERINGUE Cupped Sequins Pretty Pink Posh 6MM SPARKLING CLEAR Cupped Sequins Pretty Pink Posh 4MM SPARKLING CLEAR Cupped Sequins

6 comments:

Ruby N said...

Nina's work is extraordinary!

~amy~ said...

Nina-Marie's work is Gorgeous!

Shelly said...

Yay, Nina!! Gorgeous cards!!

Cindy C. said...

Nina's cards are marvelous!!!

Maureen Reiss said...

Soooo Pretty!!

Linda said...

Wow I love the colour combo on that first card Nina - gorgeous and a bit different :)