Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Guest Designer-Amy Tsuruta

Hello friends!
I am so happy to introduce you to our first guest designer. She actually needs no introduction. The AMAZ-ing Amy Tsuruta is in the house! Amy's CAS style and encouraging and sweet personality make her a true GEM in the paper-crafting world. She is one of the most prolific and talented card-makers that I know of.

Let's hear it from Amy :)

Amy: So thrilled to be guesting at Virginia's View Challenge!  Texture, I love it and try to incorporate it into all my designs.  My first card, a circle one, has both felt & cardboard (ala Starbucks coffee sleeve).  I can't be the only one that always saves their Starbucks Coffee sleeve.  How can you resist the Mama Elephant Ella + Hedgie?   They are both from the Ella and Friends set.  It is super easy to stamp on felt, I use Ranger's Archival Black ink. To color the other images I used Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolors.  I don't know why I don't make more shaped cards...they are so much fun!  I used the Memory Box Stitched Circles for the main panel and the base.




Amy:  For my next card, I decided to go Tall + Skinny:
Amy: This is my version of a Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino!  Do you spot my texture on this one? Textured panel, diecutting, acetate and wood veneer. I used Distress Inks on the MFT Cool CupWalnut Stain + Ripe Persimmon.  The patterned paper is Basic Grey Adrift.  You can't quite tell from the photo but that Frap does have an acetate bubble lid & the signature green straw.  The textured panels?  I've been on a massive cleaning/organizing kick and found them in my stash...they are super old.  It pays to save some things! A big shout out to Virginia for this fun opportunity!



My heartfelt thank-you to Amy for sharing her talent with us. I adore how she takes this Textures Challenge up a notch! Please leave Amy some blog love here. Please go ahead and enter as many cards as you are inspired to. There is no limit for the number of entries to this challenge! Thanks for stopping by!


12 comments:

wienerhoneymooners said...

Yay!!! AMY is so AMAZING!!! So thankful to know her and grateful that she shares her support, enthusiasm and talent with everyone!!! I really don't know anyone as supportive as Amy...She has been commenting and cheering everyone on so wonderfully. We are all so lucky!!!!

LOVE this challenge, can't wait to put my thinking cap on...
And I am jelly that she is Guesting here....shucks, luckeeeeeeeeeeeee....

SonjaK said...

Great GD projects, Amy! I especially love the felt elephant.

~amy~ said...

Virginia, thanks so much for the invite! I had so much fun with this month's challenge. Thanks for all of the inspiration!!!!

Annette Allen said...

yay Amy... love that adorable elephant..

Audrey Pettit said...

I am such a huge fan of Amy's, and am so smitten with her adorable cards! Totally crazy over that adorable ellie and hedgie card! Such an awesome, playful scene, and I adore the round shape. Totally loving the tall and skinny coffee card, too. Smiling over the sentiment! Amy SO rocks the coffee creations!

Ruby N said...

These are brilliant!!! I love how she uses up items from her craft supplies and has such a CAS style!

Shelly said...

Yay, Amy!!
Oh my word, these are awesome!! Love!

Diane Jaquay said...

Awesome designs, Amy, love these!

conil said...

Amy nailed the texture thing. That round card is so sweet it makes my teeth ache. And the "frap" card is soooooo appropriate and fun.

Darnell J Knauss said...

Thank you for another awesome challenge, Virginia, and superb guest designers!! Hugs, Darnell

Cindy C. said...

Amy's cards are amazing!!!

Cris G said...

Amy is the perfect guest designer for this challenge... and for others too :). LOVE how she uses different materials and textures in her projects. So inspiring for a texture and dimension lover like me!