Thursday, October 8, 2015

Guest Designer-Yoonsun Hur

Hello friends!
It is time to introduce our 2nd guest designer for the "All Things Colored" challenge. You see her amazing work in the blogosphere nearly everywhere. Please welcome Yoonsun Hur from RejoicingCrafts! 
Yoonsun is an uber talented stamping artist from down under--Sydney, to be exact. She has crazy mad skills and her creative use of colors is always so out of the ordinary. Each of Yoonsun's card is created with such care, thought and artistry. I am sure you can see why Yoonsun is quite a sought-after designer! Without further ado, here is Yoonsun.


Yoonsun: Hello crafty friends! I am so delighted (and excited!) to be a guest designer on Virginia's View challenge blog today, with Kathy Racoosin. I am so honoured to be here with Kathy! I can't believe it's real!

Virginia's View is definitely one of the most famous challenges, and I know that there are tons of sweet fans out there (and of course, I am one of them).

I hope you enjoy my post today. Have a good read!

Yoonsun: Today is all about COLOUR! I believe that flowers are the best way to show all the colours of the rainbow. In additions, the layered petals of flowers are perfect for expressing different colours on one spot.
SENDING BIG HUGS

To create the card:
I 1) Stamped layered flowers and leaves on watercolour paper panel using several colours of Distress inks. 2) Stamped the sentiment at the centre of that using VersaMark embossing ink, gold heat embossed. 3) Coloured loosely around the flowers with Broken China Distress ink using water brush. 4) Spritzed with a Perfect Pearls Mist over the flowers. 5) Tied the bottom of the stamped panel using natural twine. 6) Mounted the panel on white card base using double-sided tape and then embellished with a few clear sequins.

 


PRAYING FOR YOU
Yoonsun: How did I make my second card? Well, it was no different to the way I made it the first card. But this time, I used cool colours instead of warm colours. I stamped the first layer of these blue flowers with SSS Lake Shores hybrid ink, second layer with SSS Audrey Blue dye ink and then the last layer with SSS Blue Jay hybrid ink. For the leaves, I stamped the first layer with SSS Jellybean, second layer with SSS Scuba and the last layer with Blue Jay hybrid inks.






My heartfelt thanks to Yoonsun for guest designing here.  I so appreciate that she takes the time to share her creative process with us. Please stop by Yoonsun's blog and leave her some love! The entries are amazing ...please keep coloring!!!

7 comments:

Purvi Gadewar said...

Gorgeous cards!!!

~amy~ said...

ABsolutely BEAUTIFUL!

Aileen (mum) said...

Beautiful cards, love them both but especially the second. Probably cause of the colours you used. Love love the blue so fresh and spring which it is here.

Diane Jaquay said...

Yoonsun's cards are spectacular, love the gorgeous, blazing COLORS!!!

Kara Lynne said...

Gorgeous colors! Beautiful stamping too! Thanks for sharing!

Shelly said...

STUNNING cards!!

Shannon McComb said...

Such beautiful cards!!