Monday, September 21, 2015

A Wrap-Up

Hello hello!
I know Geometric Patterns Challenge is not the easiest for some to tackle, but you ACED the challenge! We ended up with 167 entries! Woohoo! In order to give you an overview about this theme, I am doing a wrap-up as usual. Many of you mentioned how much you enjoy seeing a post like this, well, here it is! Here are a few categories from my observations.

1. Triangle and white space: this seems to be quite the popular formula. The placement and colors of triangles prove that it's "the little shape that could"!


2. Circles, of course! : Now matter what shapes you choose, circles just make everything better!

3. Think 3-D: geometric background provides the perfect backdrop for the 3-D effect.

4. Geometric shapes with a message: Not only these designs are geometric, they also convey a message! Whether it's a butterfly, sentiment, a number...the message is loud and clear.

5. Animals with shapes:  We all love animals...but when you add  geometric patterns to the mix, the animals sure come to life!

6. Hexagons: this proves to be the most sophisticated shape. Period.

7. Total geometric: Whether you use dies or stencils for your designs, the magic geometric patterns are in full display! Aren't they gorgeous!?
 
My sincere thank-you for entering this challenge. The panel judges are going to have a VERY tough time picking winners and HMs. Our Spotlight Feature will be coming up on the 25th. We have two winners to announce: one will get the $25 gift voucher from SSS and the other is a random draw (from all participants for this challenge) for guest designer Deepti's stamp set giveaway.

Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

WOW What an awesome Collection of cards - so inspiring! Thanks for putting it together and also for sharing my card. Made my day! Hugs!

Celeste Goff said...

Love looking at the layout of the different designs!

LauraJane:) said...

What a gorgeous Wrap-up of cards! I never thought I could enjoy geometry so much!!! Thanks for sharing my birds:)

Susanne Vargas said...

Those wrap-up posts are always sooo interesting! Woohoo, I even see my card in the triangle collage! Thank you for that honor!

Julie C. said...

I always love your wrap-up posts (particularly when I spot my card)! It's great to see the different (but similar) approach that people take. Full of inspirations!! ^_^

Shelly said...

WOW! Awesome cards!!

Harriet Skelly said...

I always love seeing the round up - great cards!! Thanks for including my card in there - always an honor!!
Thank you also for having this fun challenge every month!

conil said...

WOW! Think I'm smitten with geometric shapes. Love all the design choices. See a lot of Shona Chambers work in this wrap-up which is fabulous.

"glow" said...

awesome teacher is virginia.. thanks for always taking time to help us attain:) !!!

Houses Built of Cards said...

What a beautiful collection of eye candy! LOVE how you break them all down to feature them! Super honored to see not one but TWO of my cards in there! Thank you! <3

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Carolina Alvarez said...

What a beautiful display of talent!, I´m so proud of being part of it.
Thanks so much for choosing my card xx

Julie B said...

What an array of stunning geometric design.
So humbled to see my card included.:)

Ruby N said...

Always enjoy these posts - so much inspiration and such an honor to be included! Thank you!