Saturday, July 4, 2015

Guest Designer-Mayuri Flubidoo

Hello friends! It is time to introduce you to our first guest designer for this challenge. This talented designer has come into the limelight in recent years. She is young, talented and she's got mad stamping skills! Her take on card-making is always creative, always original and always colorful.

Please welcome Mayuri (Candles in the Garden) from the United Kingdom.
Mayuri: Hello everyone! Here's the card I'm sharing as part of the 100% Stamped challenge that the lovely Virginia is hosting - you can even see some sneaks of my cards in the graphic she created! I love creating one layer (or almost one layer ;-)) cards and this one is so easy to do, and yes, it is 100% stamped! I began by stamping with the back sides of the floral images from Altenew's Hennah Elements, with a range of rainbow Distress Inks directly onto the card front.

Mayuri: I then flipped the stamps the right way round, and stamped over the previous impressions with black dye ink. This technique is so much fun and can be done with any high quality photopolymer stamp sets - the results will be different depending on which ones you use!



Mayuri: The sentiment comes from WPlus9's Written on ribbon and was stamped with Versamark Ink onto black cardstock before being heat embossed in white. I trimmed it down along with a piece of gold foiled cardstock and foam mounted to the card front. To finish, I added a couple of sequins - I can see myself using this to create a whole range of (last minute!) cards ;-)


 Are you loving Mayuri's colorful interpretation? I love how she overlapped the colors and outlines. The look is so artsy and beautiful. Mayuri's creativity and her peerless execution really show through in this gorgeous card. Please stop by Mayuri's blog and leave her some love!
 Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

What an amazing card, Mayuri! I love it! So, so beautiful!

Diane Jaquay said...

Gorgeous explosion of COLOR, love this card!

conil said...

Mayuri is always stunning me with her amazing color and design skills. This card is not exception.

riyadani said...

Wow! Mayuri's card is simply amazing ! Loved the Stamping technique she used...

lynda said...

Can't wait to try this technique! Just this weekend, Simon Says Stamps blog posted another card using the same technique!