Thursday, June 4, 2015

Guest Designer-Vanessa Menhorn

Hello friends!
It is my absolute pleasure to introduce you to our first guest designer for this challenge! Please welcome Vanessa Menhorn from wings of a butterfly. I have known Vanessa since back in the Hero Arts Flickr days circa 2009. Vanessa is a natural.... she is the kind of paper-crafter who can pick up design sense and techniques FAST. Vanessa has won numerous challenges, titles and worked on many DTs.  She is one of the most prolific card makers that has been published (see the long list here).
Need I say more? Let's hear it from Vanessa!

Vanessa: Hi everybody! I am so honored and happy to be sweet Virginia's Guest Designer! When she asked me and told me about this month's challenge, I got so excited. OMBRE! What's not to love? Here is the card I created:
Vanessa: I have to blame Virginia for enabling me to finally buy a MISTI. After seeing her great videos, I couldn't resist any longer! So, for my card I used it to create the background. I first die-cut a scalloped panel using Winnie & Walter Essentials: Audrey Cutaways from white cardstock. Then I used an oldie but goldie Houndstooth Background stamp from Hero Arts with my MISTI. I first inked the bottom part of the stamp using Mama Elephant Blush Ink and stamped it onto the panel. Now, without cleaning the stamp, I inked the next portion of the stamp with Mama Elephant Bubble Gum Ink and stamped again. I moved on to ME Piggy Bank Ink and finally stamped with ME Smoke Ink. Then I adhered the panel to a grey cardbase. I used the same ME Smoke Ink and an Ink Blending Tool to ink a piece of white cardstock, applying more color to the bottom part and less to the top. Then I die-cut the hello from the Winnie & Walter In a Word: Hello Cutaway and adhered it to the card with foam tape. Now I stamped the cute Elephant from the WPLUS9 set Unforgettable onto cardstock and die-cut it with the matching die. I colored it with Copics and adhered it with foam-tape, too. Then I finished my card off with pink sequins. Here is a closer look at the little elephant:

 
Vanessa: I hope to have inspired you with my card today! Thank you again to Virginia for having me!



 Isn't that elephant DARLING? I am absolutely in love with her color blending with pink and grey. Vanessa is one cool card designer! Please stop by Vanessa's blog and leave her some love!  Lastly, I want to say: "Vielen Dank" to Vanessa for taking time to create for us.
Thank you for stopping by!

8 comments:

Carol McCready said...

Adorable card. Great inspiration.

donna mikasa said...

Yay for Vanessa as a guestie! Love the ombré houndstooth--sweet and elegant at the same time!

Vanessa said...

Thank you so much for having me, Virginia! You are the sweetest!! Liebste Grüße!

Nancy said...

Vanessa is sooooo talented! I love this beautiful card!

~amy~ said...

Yahooooo for Vanessa! Love her work!

Shelly said...

ADORABLE card, Vanessa!

Maureen Reiss said...

Wow! Super CUTE!!

Taunya Butler said...

LOVE Vanessa's card and just so impressed with the double ombre - in the background and again in the sentiment!! Terrific and just such a fun and great card!! Virginia - thank you for the way you spotlight and showcase so many people!! You are one of the good gals!!! Hugs!!