Monday, April 27, 2015

Guest Designer--Isha Gupta

Hello friends!
I am so very pleased to welcome my friend Isha Gupta (New Ideas) who is our guest designer today! What can I tell you about Isha? She is sweet, kind and truly talented!
Isha's work is always so detailed, well thought-out and she executes her designs in true Isha perfection. Isha has mad coloring skills and is an expert on all sorts of color mediums....
I could go on and on about Isha but let's get right to it, shall we?

Isha: Hello everyone!! I am so excited and honored to be a guest at Virginia’s challenge blog. Thank you Virginia for inviting me, I had so much fun creating. The challenge this month is layers and dimension. I love giving dimension to my cards using various techniques. Today, I decided to share 2 very different cards with you  :)
For my 1st card, I decided to challenge myself. As you know I love stamping but here I created a card without stamping…I can’t even believe myself…lol
I simply used some beautiful patterned paper collection kit by Bella Blvd. and some vellum. I die-cut that small tiny heart element using Waffle Flower die.
 
Supplies: 
Cardstock: (Neenah) Solar White
Vellum: Bazzill
Patterned Paper: (Bella Blvd.) Scattered Sprinkles Collection; (DCWV)  gold foil paper
Die: (Waffle Flower) Tiny Heart Die
Other: Paper clip, Embroidery Floss; 3D foam squares by Scrapbook adhesives
Isha: Now layering and dimension doesn’t always have to be patterned paper only. I incorporated foiling, watercoloring on my 2nd card. I foiled some Heidi Swapp Minc papers and foiled it using my laminator. I stamped and embossed some flowers and leaves onto watercolor paper. Colored them in using some inks. Die-cut a tag out of white cardstock and Vellum, layered them together for extra dimension :) 
  

Supplies: 
Cardstock: (Neenah) Solar White, Black; (Canson) Watercolor Paper; (Bazzill) Vellum
Patterned Paper: (Heidi Swapp - Minc) 5th Avenue
Stamp: (Winnie & Walter) The Big, the Bold and the Party; The Big, the Bold and Extras
Die: (Winnie & Walter) Katharine Cutaways
Ink: (Imagine Craft/ Tsukineko) VersaMark
Foil: (WOW!) Pink Fab Foil; (Heidi Swapp) Teal
Other: Embossing powder (Opaque Bright White – WOW!); Doilie; Pretty Pink Posh sequins clear; Hemp Twine; Gansai watercolor; 3D foam squares by Scrapbook adhesives

Wow, are you inspired by Isha's beautiful work? I know I am. Please stop by Isha's blog and leave her some blog love. Thank you, Isha, for taking the time to do this guest design for us. 
And thank YOU, for linking up your gorgeous entries and keeping this challenge blog alive and a happy place to be.


4 comments:

~amy~ said...

Yay for Isha!!!!!! Love her work...these cards are simply amazing!

ThePurplePlace said...

stunning, as always!!

Taunya Butler said...

WOW - Isha did a stunning and creative job with layers on these cards!! Love the details and just the combination of colors and pattern papers and embellishments that are just so perfect on these cards!! They both sparkle and shine!!

Shelly said...

YAY, Isha! Amazing cards and talent!