Sunday, April 12, 2015

Guest Designer--Clare Prezzia

Hello dear friends!
It brings me a great pleasure to introduce you our 2nd guest designer for this challenge--Clare
(bearydo paperie). You can find out more about Clare here and her NUMEROUS publications here.
 She is young, super talented and full of creative ideas! And yeah, this girl's got SKILLS, obviously! I started to know about Clare back in my early days in stamping and we all hung out over Hero Arts Flickr Group. Clare's style is eclectic, fun, creative and gorgeous. Take a glance over her Flickr photos and you'd know what I mean...She happens to be the winner of our last challenge (see here). Remember her winning card?
Without further ado, let's hear it from Clare!
 
Clare: Layering cards are a bit like piecing together a puzzle, for me. I love to try to pull random elements lying around on my desk (pros of being a messy crafter!) and make them all work on one 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch canvas.
Sometimes I'll begin by pulling those random pieces together, and sometimes I like to make a focal point, and arrange everything around it.
For this card, I knew I wanted to use the sweet little fawn from Avery Elle's Storybook stamp set, so I first stamped that, die cut it, and began to arrange everything around it.


Clare: Before I pulled all the elements of the focal point together, I found a piece of patterned paper that worked well with the fawn. The striped paper from the Dear Lizzy Lucky Charm 6x6 paper pad worked very well, because when I do layered cards, I usually try to make sure the largest piece of paper that is exposed on the card is a basic, lighter feel.

If you use a very busy pattern as the main paper, then it tends to distract from your focal point, so for the busier patterns, I use smaller pieces of and tend to concentrate them in one spot. Using papers from one company or paper pad usually makes it easier to make sure the layered papers flow together well.


Clare: Once I had my patterns picked out, I looked for textures.
On the focal point, I started with a piece of fabric that was a tag on a pair of pants in its previous life. Then I slipped a light piece of doily underneath the smaller, layered busy patterns, to lighten them up.
I used a wood veneer frame to set the stage for the fawn, and once the fawn was placed, I added some orange butterflies and pearls to add a pop of color to the card.

Clare: To make sure the card didn't get too heavy, I embossed the sentiment on vellum and cut it out for an airy feel.
Thanks so much for sticking through this long post, and thanks to Virginia for inviting me! I had a blast with this challenge, and I know everyone else will too!

 I hope that Clare's card inspires you to create cards with layers and dimensions. I always appreciate card-makers who genuinely cares and shares their insightful tips and creative process with us here. Thank you very much, Clare, for sharing your talent with us today. Please stop by Clare's blog and thank her, too! 
The entries for this challenge have been AMAZING so far. I hope that you take the time to visit our fellow players' cards and leave each other some blog love! Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

~amy~ said...

Lovely! Such awesome inspiration! Sweet baby card!

Kara Lynne said...

Clare's inspiration is wonderful! I loved how she explained the method of her design and all the little details!

Shelly said...

Beautiful cards!

Taunya Butler said...

How inspiring and so very lovely to see how Clare made her card!! What a wonderful layered and detailed card!! So very awesome!!!