Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Guest Designer- May Park

Hello! What's shaking!?
It brings me great pleasure to introduce to you our first guest designer for this shaker card challenge. It is the amazingly talented May Sukyong Park from Mayholics in Crafts. I first knew about May and her work through her active participation in ...what else... Virginia's View Challenge! Each one of her designs is so clean, composed, uncluttered and stylish! I am often amazed by May's photo tutorials because they look like that they are straight from a magazine! May is on several design teams and has been published many times and has a few winning titles under her belt. She also has been published in Korean paper-crafting magazines! Just this past January, May designed a new stamp set Jump Start My Heart (Neat and Tangled). Boy, this girl does get around, let me tell ya! 
Without further ado, let's see what magic May brings to us....

May: Hello, crafty friends! I'm beyond excited to be here today as a guest designer for Virginia's View challenge! For my shaker card project, I took an idea from my own Fresh Soda card that I made for Gallery Idol contest last year.

May: Here is what I came up with:
May: I created a soft drink themed card using Silhouette cutting machine along with my own random wave pattern. (I’m sharing my cutting file I designed, and you can download HERE for only personal use.). Doesn’t it look like a bottle of sparkling lemonade to you? *wink*
 
 

May: I filled in the shaker box with Sparkling Clear Sequins from Pretty Pink Posh along with Yellow Stars from Art-C. I’m not sure you could see in the photo, but I added some shades of yellow behind the shaker window to look like freshly squeezed lemonade. Just looking at those sequin scatters in yellowy backdrop makes my mouth water. Yum!
 May: This is how I put together my card.
①Create a bottle image using Silhoutte design studio and cut it out using Silhouette cutting machine. ② Heat emboss the sentiment from My Favorite Sentiments using white embossing powder.
③ Draw some random waves on the green panel using white gel pen.
④ Blend in colors on a piece of white cardstock using blending tools and Distress Inks.
⑤ Cut a piece of acetate and glue it to the back of the bottle window. Fill up the window with sequins. Then place the panel over the inked background using foam tape.
⑥Cut some droplets and adhere them onto the card. Apply some glitter and glossy accents over them.
May: I’m so happy with how my card turned out. So delightful and refreshing! Hope you all enjoyed my card and got some inspiration to make your own shaker card. Can’t wait to see your take on this FAB challenge. Thank you Virginia for having me as your guest designer.

And wow....are you in awe yet? The sequin mix is absolutely dreamy and tantalizing! I adore this fun and gorgeous card!  Please stop by May's blog and give her some blog love or leave her comments here! Thank you so much, May, for the inspiration!

13 comments:

Eveline said...

Great card May.
Eveline

vinita jain said...

So beautiful , love the idea of wavy lines!!!

Kara Lynne said...

May's idea is awesome and she put it all together perfectly! I love those sequins she chose and the shading behind them!

conil said...

May is so clever. And she makes it look so easy. Gorgeous contrasts of color and design features.

nancy littrell said...

Now I Have to play after seeing May's very creative sparkly lemonade and fun wavy lined paper. TFS

Shelly said...

Such a SWEET card, May! Love it!

Nicole Parmentier said...

This is soooo coool!!!

Cindy C. said...

OH my what bubbly card!! So clever and sweet!!

Taunya Butler said...

Virginia -you get an A+++++ for your guest designer choice and May - you get a bazillion points for how awesomely cool this card is!! Love it and now I am thirsty for some sparkling lemonade!!! So well done - KUDOS to you both!!!

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Great card, May! Thank you for sharing!

Mynn xx said...

Thanks for the super awesome tutorial! This card is AMAZING! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Wow this is so cool!!! Love the colors and everything!

Milka Gubo said...

Lovely card! I like colors a lot! :-D