Saturday, February 21, 2015

A Wrap-Up

Hello, friends! Have you enjoyed the Shaker Cards Challenge? I think you did because we have nearly 200 entries (184 to be exact)! It's that fun time of the month to highlight and categorize the entries. Now we can ooh and aah over the creativity here in this blog. Here are the highlights:

1. Multiple compartments: these cards have multiple "windows" or "panels" for the shaker elements. I am amazed how varied and beautifully-executed they are.

2. Tell A Story: each shaker element contains a scene....tells a story, evokes some thoughts and feelings. Creativity at its best. Period.

3. Shaker cards are more than just sequins: from black sand in Tahiti, micro beads, wood veneer, puzzles...to stamped and diecut pieces, you have proved that you can use pretty much anything in the shaker element.

4. Unusual Shapes: shaker elements are not limited to heart shapes, circles, rectangles and squares....just take a look at these examples --->amazing creativity!


I know that I have missed a few to highlight in these categories, but you get the idea how amazing (and overwhelming) it is to see all these awesome shaker cards right in this very blog.

 A special shout out to people who created Shaker Cards for the very first time!
LeniRichard, Jill , Michelle, Lissy , Melissa, Maura, Sonja, Donnadoll
 .... and more!
  I know I have missed quite a few... If you made a shaker card(s) for the first time for this very challenge, please leave your name in the comment section of this post. I will be sure to add your name to this list; that way we can stop by and leave you some blog love! 

As you can tell, the panel of judges will have a tough time picking Top 10 Favorites and HMs. Please know that each entry is carefully examined and admired. I apologize that I can't possibly leave a comment in each and every entry due to time constraints... because my family still needs ME (LOL).

Please come back on the 25th for the Spotlight Feature when we will find out who wins these prizes. 
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/
and 
Thanks for stopping by!

36 comments:

Michelle Lupton said...

I'm glad I wasn't the only person never to have made a shaker card before - I'm not the only one to latch on to a trend at the 11th hour!

Virginia Lu said...

Michelle, I've added you to the list! I can't believe it was your firs! You are a PRO!

nedergaard ( Lissy ) said...

Hi
It was also my first try with a shaker card๐Ÿ˜€ but I have to make more of them ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

honeybeelane said...

I'm with Michelle! I'm glad that others are trying this fun technique for the first time, not just me. Now I'm looking for fun sequins and other little things to put in "shakers" everywhere! :) These are too fun!

Jasleen said...

Wow!! Such an eye candy all together in one place !! And I'm glad to be spotlighted here amongst the fabulous others. :)

Jessi Fogan said...

eeeep! Too excited to be spotlighted - I do so love shaker cards, and there are some truly fabulous pieces here!

~amy~ said...

Awesome picks...such awesome cards!

Kristie Goulet said...

So excited to be spotlighted - shaker cards are so much fun! Amazing creations here! Thank you!

Maura R said...

Thanks Virginia, for the challenge and for all your wonderful comments you make on our cards. This was my first shaker card also!

Shelly said...

WOW. Look at all those shakers! Awesome!

Cindy C. said...

What a treat to see all these wonderful shaker cards together!! Thanks for including my humble entry.

Diana Nguyen said...

What a plethora of great ideas! Love how you arranged the categories. Thank you for including mine!

Virginia Lu said...

I added you to the list!! Your first shaker card is a SUCCESS, Lissy!

Virginia Lu said...

Melissa, I am glad that you left a comment here, I added you to the list! Thank you!

Virginia Lu said...

I just added yours to the list! Way to go on your first shaker card, Maura!

conil said...

Amazing creativity is right. Love seeing the variety & talent of the participants.

Jessica Frost-Ballas said...

Amazing cards from everyone! Thanks so much for including mine in your spotlight! :)

Ruby N said...

Wow look at all the stunning work. You've got your work cut out for you!!! <3

KayM said...

Thank you so much for spotlighting my card! I was so excited to see it with all the other fabulous card!

Handmade Cards by Archana said...

Amazing shaker cards.Thanks so much for including mine in your spotlight! Thanks a ton!!
Hugs
Archana

Kara Lynne said...

These wrap-up posts are my very favorite! I learn so much when you highlight these categories, and I can see things so much better! Thank you for including my card!

SonjaK said...

Hi Virginia! Thanks for this amazing wrap-up. I, too, made my first shaker card for your challenge. The ones you showcased were so much better, so I'm really not disapointed for not being spotlighted. Rather, I'd like to thank you for having introduced this topic here. I was guest designing for a German online shop and had no idea what to do when I started. Looking for inspiration your challenge (and a blog post by Jennifer McGuire) made my imagination lift off. So I just can't thank you enough. :)

April Story said...

What a great sampling of shaker cards. :-)
April

Virginia Lu said...

I am happy to hear that you were inspired, Sonja! I just added you to the list for first -timers! Danke!

Karen Hasheck said...

I was thrilled to see my card highlighted as one of the unusual shapes selections. I am inspired by all the choices to try some more shaker cards. I learn so much from both your blogs. Thanks!

Virginia Lu said...

So happy to hear that, Karen! xo

Shalu said...

Wow....wat a treat to eyes ...and I am so so happy n thankful to see my card in spotlight...thanks for the pick.....its an honour truley !!

Donnadoll said...

I added my first and second shaker cards to the linkup! I got on a roll! Thanks for inspiring me to try something new.

Neha said...

I am thrilled, Virginia! Thanks for highlights...:) Keeping my fingers crossed ...;)

Virginia Lu said...

I've added you to the line-up. Well done on BOTH entries!!

Wiebke Kommerell said...

Virginia, big thank you for showing my card as highlight in category 4 (I feel honored very much) and for your nice comments on my blog :-)

LauraJane:) said...

LOVE the wrap-up!! The challenge was indeed a great shaker inspiration!!

Taunya Butler said...

Virginia - I so cannot get over the total and complete showcase here of clever and creative people's talents and awe-inducing abilities with shaker cards!!! I never entered because, to be honest, I am afraid of shaker cards!!! But golly I love seeing this tremendous wrap up of another successful challenge!!! You draw talent to you like a magnet!! So impressed with the good you do - GOOD LUCK with the top 10 selection process!!!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Great Wrap up post! I have loved seeing all these amazing shaker cards! I am sorry I missed out again, but hope to get back to VV next month!

Barb Ghig said...

I'm really inspired by all the wonderful ideas! Congrats to all who were featured this month!!!

Mirra`s Mom said...

I`m so honored you shared my card!!! Thank you, Virginia!!!!