Sunday, December 21, 2014

A Wrap-Up!

Hello, friends!
We know that this month is truly the busiest time of the year. 
The fact that we had almost 200 entries truly amazes me!
That means you really love the challenge...the theme...and that you really just want to have fun!
I guess it's all of the above!

Here is a quick wrap-up for this challenge. 
Distressing is the key ingredient and you really played up to the challenge. Just take a look at the beautiful entries (see here), every single one is full of inky goodness!

1. Distressing is not for the faint of heart. Distress colors are bold and colorful.

2. A hint of distressing goes a long way. 

3. Distress inks are handy if you are still in love with watercolors!

4. Distress inks blend like BUTTER--smooth!

5. Creating a scene with distress ink proves to be dramatic and effective!

6. Distressed edges give your card design an extra EDGE!

Are you inspired? I am loving all of your entries.
I will be back on 25th to announce the Top 10 Favorites, Honorable Mentions and our two Penny Black random winners.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

25 comments:

Cecilia Hsieh said...

Thanks Virginia for picking one of mine! Lovely bunch of cards!

Niki G said...

Gorgeous projects by everyone! I always love how you categorize your wrap ups. Mahalo for the feature!!

Neha said...

Thanks Virginia for picking mine!

Deepti Stephens said...

Thanks a lot Virginia. :-)

Kylie said...

Thank you!! So proud to be shown among all these amazing entries xx

Viv said...

So honoured you featured one of mine too Virginia ;)

Kristie Goulet said...

Thank you, Sweet Virginia! So honored to be shown among all these amazing creations! xoxo

Lee-Anne said...

Virginia, I'm so happy to be featured amongst all these lovely cards...thank you! Some amazing talent that shows up on this challenge each and every month. Thanks for bringing the best out in us :)

~amy~ said...

Gorgeous inspiration!

Cindy C. said...

Fabulous wrap up!! Wow!!!

jintyoo7 said...

What an a amazing year of Challenges, Virginia! I have so enjoyed looking at all the incredible creations - My New Year Resolution is to find time to ACTUALLY join in - hopefully 2015 will be slightly slower - LOL

Congratulations Virginia on your massively successful challenges, and well done to all the beautiful entries :-)

Maura R said...

Thanks for including my cards in your wrap-up, Virginia! What a great source of inspiration you have created!

Gerrina said...

W\hat is it great to see so many ideas with distress inks; I keep on using it so often in so many ways... Inky greetings, Gerrina

conil said...

Wit all this gorgeousness, how are you ever going to choose?

Shannon Fralish said...

What fabulous projects and an inspired wrap-up! Thanks Virginia :-)

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful wrap up, Virginia! Thank you so much for selecting my card :)

Jacqueline said...

Thank you, Virginia for the showcase which someone brought to my attention today. The creations you have highlighted are gorgeous, yay for distress inks!!

Linda Wilkinson said...

These cards are amazing beautiful, some day I will try this but now I am still to afraid, thank you for sharing all of these creations!

Gunilla/Nilla said...

I LOVE your challanges. They give me soooo much inspiration and joy.

Thank you so very much for picking mine among all these stunning creations.

I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

BIG hugs from me to you//Gunilla

Shelly said...

Beautiful creations by everyone! Love! And I spy my card up there...thank you so much! :)

Ellie Knol said...

gorgeous entries!

LauraJane:) said...

I think the wrap -up post has become my all time FAVORITE of the month's posts!

Anita in France said...

What a gorgeous gallery, Virginia ... thanks so much for including my card in your amazing wrap up ... Merry Christmas to you and yours! Anita :)

Kara Lynne said...

Oh what amazing inspiration! Thank you for including my card in your thoughtful categories of the many wonders of distress!

Helen Gullett said...

Gorgeous inspirations of the wrap up! Wow... Great cards :) Thank You for featuring mine, too, Virginia!