Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Guest Designer- Cristina Kowalczk!

Hello and welcome!
 Please make yourself comfortable in your dressy attire or comfy PJ...because you are in for a TREAT!
This month's theme is "Clean and Simple"...
 hmm...
 and who first comes to mind when you think about this theme?

She is known as "Queen of CAS".
 You may have guessed it!
It is Cristina Kowalczk (aka Cristina Henriquez--the award-wining author ).
 If you just started card-making (like .... last week) and are not familiar with Cristina's work, here is a quick and insightful guide for you. You need to book mark her blog "My Paper Secret", follow her blog and study her blog. There, Cristina's paper secret is out!

I first came to know of Cristina's work through her glorious battle in Gallery Idol 2011. I thought....wow, this gal is "out. of. this. world". Her cards are gorgeous, precise and engaging. Every time you view Cristina's cards, you "feel" something. Sometimes, it makes you just want to smile and sometimes you can't helping feeling "...aw". That does not happen very often, but Cristina does it again and again and again....
 Here are just a few samples of my favorites of Cristina's.

 
Without further ado, here is Cristina's beautiful fall card for our Clean and Simple Challenge.
It really is just a card with a leaf die, isn't it? But,...Cristina had to do something out of the ordinary.... of course. By using those colorful strings, she has woven something special and unique into her design.
 Lucky for me, I finally made a connection with Cristina through blogging and I even got to meet her last October in her home town of Chicago! See how awe-struck I was after getting Cristina's autograph of her book?

Well, what do you think? Big thanks to Cristina for sharing her inspiring work with us.
Lastly, thank you for entering the challenge and making it so fun and exciting for me to run it. Please be sure to comment on 2-3 fellow players' work and give them some love, too! I am sure you will feel even more inspired.
We have one more guest designer coming up next. Don't miss it!
Thanks so much for stopping by!


14 comments:

Barb said...

I adore Cristina's talent! She makes the most amazing clean and simple cards! Loved this post, Virginia!

maria f. said...

Kudos to ya, Virginia. Nothing like going to the source! And I love that you picked my all-time favorite Cristina creation for your collage - that black die cut beauty. Takes my breath away every time I see it.

Lisa Lara said...

OOOOOOOh Christina's card are so inspiring. I love the twine used for color behind the leave cut out. Wow.

Kristie Goulet said...

LOVE Cristina's talent!!! She makes the BEST CAS cards!! I am a huge fan. Great post, Virginia!

~amy~ said...

LOVE Cristina's style! Such a fun post Virginia!

Reusing Cards & Quilling said...

Amazing cards !

Laura B. said...

Yay, my favorite!!!

Shelly said...

Yay, Cristina!!! <3

conil said...

What can you say except Amazing.

LauraJane:) said...

She IS the queen of CAS!!
Such a cozy card:)

Cindy C. said...

Cristina's card is extraordinary!!!

donna mikasa said...

Cristina is my idol. She rocks. That is all.

Taunya Butler said...

Christina's card was really quite awesome!! What a genius idea!! Thanks for the inspiration!!

Barb Ghig said...

I love that you shared some of Cristina's gorgeous cards with us! She is truly an inspiring artist, and never ceases to amaze me with her talent...WOW!