Saturday, October 4, 2014

Guest Designer - Christine Drogt

HAPPY World Card-Making Day!
 Have you played the Clean and Simple Challenge yet? Today's post will hopefully inspire you. It brings me great pleasure to introduce to you our first guest designer! Please welcome Christine Drogt. I have known Christine for a few years now. Back in the days when I was on CAS-ual Fridays Challenge design team, I noticed this German girl who did crazy cool designs and her amazing skills and details almost always KILLED it, as young people say these days. I have been a fan of Christine ever since. This talented stamper and now owner of Create A Smile happened to be the top winner of Virgina's View Challenge #1!

Christine: Hey there, it's Christine Drogt from Das Kartenchaos, 32 years old, from Germany. I've always had a passion for anything crafty and communication, that's why I studied cultural education and started working in a youth center with focus on creativity. If I find something that makes me happy, I'm absolutely passionate about it. So I joined different design teams, learned a lot and met the most beautiful, kind and inspiring people. I am a sucker for this supportive, crafty community and kind of manic about dreams that match my heart AND my skills...That's why I started my own stamp company Create A Smile in July - I am grateful that my hero Michael and all my crafty friends support me and my passion so much. I still work at the youth center - and I enjoy that job a lot, but Create A Smile is my second love - and I hope we'll go an long and successful journey together.
Christine:                  
For my card I used the Swirly Stencil from Create A Smile and colored it with Mint Julep and Audrey Blue ink to achieve an ombre effect. Then I cut a piece out, following the stenciled lines. Have you ever tried to follow a stenciled pattern with your scissors? It's so much fun and you can get more out of your stencils to get a completely different look. That makes a nice background for CAS cards (of course you could also go for a smaller piece!).
I added the palm trees with the hammock from the Comfy stamp set because the background reminded me of waves. Oh, by the way: the German sentiment means "Time to smile". If I had a hammock, I would definitely wear a HUGE smile :)
I can't wait to see what you come up with for the CAS challenge!
Christine: I feel honored to be Virginia's guest for this amazing challenge - I know there will be tons of inspiring entries! Thanks for having me!
 Here are a few samples of Christine's beautiful CAS work 

  You can check out Create A Smile Store here, Blog here, Facebook here, You Tube channel here.  

 Isn't Christine's stencil work amazing? Big thanks to Christine for her beautiful inspiration.  AND because Christine is amazing... she is offering a prize to one of our Top 10 Favorites-a stamp set and a stencil! That means, we will have two prizes (as always, one gets $25 gift voucher from Simon Says Stamp) from this challenge!

So what do you think? I hope you jump in and join the fun. I can't wait to see what you create! We have TWO more guest designers. You definitely do not want to miss those posts!
Thanks for stopping by!


5 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

Christine's cards are absolutely beautiful! I'm loving the designs that I've seen using her new stamps and stencils, too...so inspiring!

~amy~ said...

Yay for Christine! Love her work!

Taunya Butler said...

WOW oh WOW - I can see what a marvel Christine is - love her style and her cards burst with color while remaining clean and simple!! What a fun guest designer!!

aaga said...

I love Christine's work, too - ever so inspiring. :-)

Barb Ghig said...

Christine's cards are absolutely amazing! Thanks so much for sharing some of her creations with us!