Tuesday, October 21, 2014

A Wrap-Up!

Hello there!
What a lot of fun we have had in this month's challenge - 352 entries! Wow!
The Clean and Simple challenge turned out to be our 2nd favorite challenge, with water-coloring still having the highest number of entries (359 of them)! Even so, I know you have enjoyed playing this challenge tremendously!

Today's post is only a summary of how YOU rose to the challenge! I have found some themes and chosen a few cards as examples. By doing this, I hope we all learn a few things along the way. After all, this is what participating in a challenge is all about, right?!

1. Minimalist approach: This proves to be the most effective and popular approach for this CAS challenge. 

2. Water-coloring approach: Some of you even did a free-hand drawing. Extra kudos to you! Aren't these stunning?

3. Diecut Approach: With the stamp and die cut combo, any CAS design is as easy as pie!
  
4. Stamping approach: At its core, card-making is really about stamping, isn't it? 

5. Coloring approach: Coloring is a huge deal in the world of card-designing. These are masterfully done!

6. Gold approach: Some of you are quite the "gold-diggers." Cards with the Midas touch prove to be VERY eye-catching!

7. Stencil approach: Stencils continue to be the new old-favorite tool for card-makers. And you can see why from these gorgeous creations!

8. Rainbow approach: Rainbows are the ultimate smile maker. They make everyone happy!

So there you have it! Congrats to all the card makers who had their card featured today.  They are all AWESOME. Please come back for our spotlight feature on the 25th! 

We have TWO prizes to give away:
~$25 Gift voucher from Simon Says Stamp
~ A stamp set and stencil generously offered by our guest designer Christine Drogt (founder of Create A Smile). Currently they are looking for a December Guest Designer (hint hint)!

It is an unbelievably tough task to pick winners (just saying...)!
Thanks for stopping by! 

22 comments:

Thordis said...

These cards are all gorgeous :)

Marianne said...

Wonderful selection of cards and so full of inspiration.

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

wow, these are amazing! Thanks for the spotlight! :) I feel so honored!

~amy~ said...

This is seriously chock full of inspiration. Thank you Virginia for all your hard work...all the inspiration, the commenting and whew, this post must of taken a long time to write up!

thanks also for the shout out...

signed,
gold-digger

(that cracks me up!)

joy said...

WOW! What amazing creations! I love them all - great cards, gals!

Neets B said...

Thanks so much for featuring two of my creations...what an honour. There are some truly amazing entries! :)

Kristie Goulet said...

WOW! What a great post, Virginia. Chock full of inspiration! Thank you for all your hard work and for featuring one of my cards...I am honored!

Cindy C. said...

Awesome round up!! It's a post I want to see over and over again! Congrats, and thank you for another successful challenge!!!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Beautiful showcase! What lovely cards! How on earth will you ever be able to choose a winner? I like random.org at these times! And that gives everyone a chance, even the less talented like me hehe.

Pam Sparks said...

Fabulous post Virginia! You love stamping and us to write a post like this... a work of love! Thank you so much and I'm delighted to be in the wrap up!
Big Smiles this morning!!!

Shelly said...

WOW! Amazing cards!!! Tons of inspiration! <3

conil said...

Looks like everyone does their very best work to enter your challenge. All these card are lovely.

Ellie Knol said...

There were really a lot of participants!! Thanks for sharing all these beauties... mine as well... :)

Julie C. said...

Wow! These cards are brilliant! Lots of inspiration there! ^_^

ahappyscramper said...

Virginia I am new to your challenge blog as I'm just getting back into my card making and to see how you have presented this synopsis out of all those amazing entries is really fabulous. That must have taken a lot of time to put together and I am so inspired by all these beautiful cards. To see mine amongst them has totally made my day. I look forward to the next challenge. Cheers!

Maura R said...

What a great job you did, Virginia, putting these all together - creating a great inspiration for all of us. Thanks for your time, energy , and inspiration!

Shery said...

Virginia, you are an incredible crafter and challenge host! Your wrap-ups are wonderful and I always look forward to them. Thank you so much for including two of my cards, and for constantly inspiring me to create something that reflects my cardmaking style. Hugs!

said...

I love them all!!

Cris G said...

So many amazing cards here, and in the challenge itself. I believe it will be very hard for you to pick winners... :S

Cynthia Schelzig said...

What a vast array of gorgeous cards!

LauraJane:) said...

I always enjoy the Wrap-up posts..It is great to see the cards in style/type categories:)

Rema said...

Thanks for showcasing my card Virginia!