Monday, August 4, 2014

Guest Designer- Lucy Abrams

Hello! Today we have a very special guest designer with us. Please help me welcome the talented and sweet Lucy Abrams! Lucy has a sweet and lovely style all of her own. I've known Lucy since our early online crafting days over Hero Arts Flickr. She continues to impress me with her takes on stamps and inks...and she loves PINK and GLITTER
Lucy: "I am so excited and honoured to be here today, especially as shaped cards are one of my very favourite kind of cards. :)  I have created a fun shaped birthday card using my Silhouette. I think shaped cards are great for kids, and this cute Octopus from the Silhouette store just called out to me. 


 ( use Washi Tape to keep the glitter paper in place)

I cut him from glitter card and twice from white card. I layered the glitter octopus over one of the white ones, then added Glossy Accents to all the dots and some large wiggle eyes (kids' cards NEED wiggle eyes, right?). 

 ( layer the white and glitter paper for sentiment)


Finally, I scored the top of the 2nd white octopus and adhered it behind the glittery one. So simple. A stamped label with a bit of stitching finished it off.  

Virginia, thanks so much for inviting me to be a part of this fun fun challenge. I can't wait to see what everyone makes."


Thank you so much, Lucy, for your wonderful inspiration! If you can stop by Lucy's Cards to leave her some love, that will be awesome! I hope that you are inspired to make a shape card!
Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

Barb said...

Oh, my goodness, that octopus card is absolutely adorable!! LOVE Lucy's talent! Fantastic, shaped card!

Manuela said...

Omg, this little octopus looks so super cute!! Love it! Fantasic challange, so much fun to make this cards!

~amy~ said...

What a DARLING shaped card...Lovin' that octo!

Shelly said...

ACK! How CUTE is this?!!...Love it!

Barb Ghig said...

Lucy's card is so fun! Now that my Silhouette is up and running, I'm definitely gonna check out some of the unique shapes they offer!

Lisa said...

Are you kidding me...so CUTE!

conil said...

So lucky to have Lucy as a guest...she is nothing short of brilliant (glitter included) with her designs. This card is simply adorable.

Cindy C. said...

Oh my goodness Lucy's card is super cute!!!

Kelly Latevola said...

Sparkly awesome fabulousness!

Sheila H said...

This is a super cute and fun card. The sparkle and googly eyes are just amazing.

Taunya Butler said...

Wow oh Wow - cuter than cute!! The sparkle, the wiggly eyes, and just everything about it makes me smile!!