Tuesday, August 12, 2014

A Simple Shape Card

Have you tried making shape cards yet? I decided to make one more shape card for the challenge. I simply took out my dies and created a shape card...

When you put a half hexagon and a half circle together, what do you get?
A Cupcake! 

I used this Craft-A-Board (Ellen Hutson)to make the shape of a cupcake with my Hexagon dies (LifeStyle Craft) and circle dies (Spellbinders). The color mediums are Gelatos
happy birthday
For the "icing", I used Wendi Vecchi Embossing Paste with Martha Stewart glitter. After mixing three colors of distress inks (Pickled Raspberry, Mustard Seed and Peacock Feathers) and paste, I applied the paste over Chevron stencil (Studio Calico).
 The "cherry" on top? It's a large moonshine sequin (from Simon Says Stamp) colored with the bright red copic marker. I added a ribbon and Perfect Pearl Liquid for the dotty details. I used Ice Cream Dream for the sentiment and polka dot stamp.

What do you think? I bet you have some random dies that are just "dying" to have you whip them into shape! Give it a go and you will be surprised with what you can come up with!
BE CREATIVE and don't forget to have FUN! 
 Thanks so much for stopping by!

12 comments:

aileen (mum) said...

Ahhh I love your cup cake. The icing looks yummy. Brilliant idea

My Paper Epiphany said...

Virginia, this card took my breath away! the glittered embossing paste is so beautiful!

~amy~ said...

super sweet...who can resist a fabulous cupcake like that?!

ManKo said...

what a great idea with the two dies!

conil said...

Now that's so clever, and very sparkly.

Laura B. said...

This is soooo cool! I love that glittery colored embossing paste!!

Shelly said...

Yum! Love this! The two dies together...Very clever!

Leni said...

Hi Virginia, your cupcake card is so creative! Love it. I am making some shaped cards...hope to be able to upload them soon!

Manuela said...

wow,I LOVE the look of the glittered embossing paste, wonderful fun card!

Taunya Butler said...

This card looks yummy enough to eat!! So brilliant the stamp that is the frosting - It really looks good!! What a fun card to create and to give!!

donna mikasa said...

Love your cupcake!! From the icing to the sprinkles to the cherry on top! So clever, Virginia! You amaze me, always!

Cris G said...

Love your cupcake, Virginia... so cool.