Friday, July 4, 2014

Guest Designer-Jennifer McGuire!


Yup...I know, right?

  Does Jennifer McGuire need an introduction? THE Jennifer McGuire? I think not. 
BUT in case you just started card-making, like...TODAY, then maybe you do need to know who Jennifer McGuire is (see here).
As any avid card maker knows, Jennifer is the Queen of Techniques. Her videos are super informative, helpful and addictive! Jennifer always throws in her tips and tricks and shares so willingly. With the Die Cut theme, I finally gathered my courage and asked Jenifer via an email about this guest design. To my surprise, her e-mail came within half hour right after I wrote her!

Jennifer: "first of all... i know about your challenge and it rocks! i have been meaning to reach out to you....honored you asked." .....(thud). I almost fell off the chair when I read this. Well, I can not tell you how thrilled I am to have Jennifer as our guest designer today!

Jennifer created 4 (yup, 4 !!!!) cards for us!
 I love how Jennifer used the simple circle/heart dies to create these amazing cards.
Here's what Jennifer has to say about her project.
"The video shows creating die cut windows with a word suspended across. I showed two ways of doing the technique... and I also showed how to use the leftover pieces.

Thanks for having me. It is an honor. XO."

Thank you so much, Jennifer!! You are so sweet and generous to share your BIG talent with us. I know your presence here reaffirms the reasons why we love stamping/card-making and in this case, die-cutting! Thanks for stopping by!

19 comments:

Deepti Stephens said...

WOW! All the cards are wonderful.. :)

Barb said...

How fun to see Jennifer here as your guest designer, Virginia! She always comes up with such awesome techniques! Can't wait to give these ones a try! Love the gorgeous cards from her!

donna mikasa said...

How exciting to have Jennifer in the house! Love her, love her cards!

Dawn Turley said...

Awesome cards from Jennifer. Always amazing videos and tips

Kristie Goulet said...

Very fun to have Jennifer here! LOVE her tips and tricks! xo

Shelly said...

Okay, how AWESOME is this?!!...WOW! And just look at her cards! Always amazing! :)

ThePurplePlace said...

Woohoo!! What a wonderful post and honor having Jennifer write such a nice note and also be a Guest Designer for you!!

She's such a fabulous designer and I also love that she's always so kind and generous and really is such a "friend" to all of us in the Crafting Community! She's a dear!!

MarcyK924 said...

What a delight to see Jennifer as GD! Her videos are always so fun and informative to watch. LOVE her cards - kind of ying and yang! Can't wait to try these techniques out! GREAT challenge, Virginia!

Vicki Dutcher said...

WTG! How fun to have Miss Jennifer sampling for your challenge! You did good :)

Cat Craig said...

Fantastic guest designer and cards!

Sheila H said...

Jennifer's guest post is awesome, Virginia! I'm not at all surprised she responded favorably to your request. You rock and are right up there with the best in my opinion.

Barb Ghig said...

What a treat! I'm so glad you asked Jen to be a Guest (of course she said yes) for today! Such fabulous techniques, too...I can't wait to try them!

Thanks so much for another wonderful post, Virginia! Sheila is right...You are a 'Star'!!!

Toni said...

What a great video from Jennifer. So glad you thought of inviting her!

Anita in France said...

How awesome having Jennifer as GD, Virginia ... a perfect match for your wonderful challenge! Anita :)

jintyoo7 said...

Hi Virginia, what another fantastic challenge, and incredible GD too! I see many brilliant entries in the gallery, hope to find - NO, make the time to play along.

Helen F. said...

Another wonderful challenge, Virginia. I will definitely give it a try. Thanks to Jennifer's detailed video, I may give her fab technique a try too :-) LOVE it!

Heather Maria said...

Virginia, thanks for another fun challenge! Jennifer's cards and video are wonderful - looking forward to trying these techniques!

Cindy C. said...

Already many wonderful entries!! Jennifer's video is really informative!! Seriously thinking about trying it!!! :)

Lisa said...

HI Virginia!! I know I'm late to the party here at your fabulous challenge. I hope to play along as often as I can. GREAT cards from Jennifer, what a treat ;)