Sunday, July 13, 2014

Demystifying Die Cut

Hello friends! Have you checked out the Die Cut entries? I have been busy commenting on every  entry as they are full of inspiration and creativity. I have been so inspired to try more inlaid die cutting. The appealing element from an inlaid diecut design is that the cards stays flat yet still has a lot of impact! I used this die Modest from Penny Black to create this design. With a bit of planning, this card was fun to create. I used alcohol-inked paper to make the petals. They are so striking!
happy everything
Most of you are pros and have seen all kinds of techniques and videos already. Today's post is to highlight a few videos and perhaps they will rejuvenate your creative juices after seeing them.

First of all, we are sharing the talented Laura Bassen's "Partial Die Cut" video

The Inlaid Die Cut video from our guest designer Jennifer McGuire is absolutely awesome!

You can see many many video tutorials from Jennifer's You Tube Channel here.

Last but certainly not least, this video from our guest designer J J Bolton explained how to use the Avery Elle's Cutom Panel ELLE-ments


 Remember, as long as you have at least one entry to this month's challenge, you will have a chance to win this very fabulous die cut set (Valued $28) from Avery Elle! The more you enter, the more chances you get!
There is still lots of time to enter!
Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

Barb said...

Love when you share videos, V! And your card is beautiful! Love those flower petals created with the Alcohol Inks!

Dawn Turley said...

Great post. Love the videos

Susie said...

Very helpful and inspiring videos from some of my favorite artists. Thank you for sharing them all in one place.

sandie said...

thanks for posting these videos I am def going to check them out as I have wanted to know how to do this and awesome colourful card x

jintyoo7 said...

Hi Virginia, love your card - absolutely stunning! The "alcohol paper" flowers have a beautiful effect.

I spy loads of beautiful cards in the gallery too :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

I JUST put that AE Die set on my wish list! I love all those cutters!!

Laura's videos are always so fabulous!

Thanks Virgina for sharing these -- great turnout and all the time to go~ :)

KayM said...

What a stunning card! The inlaid flowers are so pretty! Thanks so much for sharing the wonderful videos! Love your challenges! :)

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous card, Virginia! The petals on your flowers are amazing, and I love the soft green stems and soft yellow sequins!
Thank you so much for sharing these awesome videos with us...it was really inspiring to see them again!

Taunya Butler said...

Thank you, Thank you for the wonderful videos! Love the floral card - it just gushes with AWESOMENESS - thanks for sharing its' beauty with us!!!

D- said...

Oh my gosh I just realized I didn't comment the first time through. I got distracted by the great videos and challenge. So I'm back.
Your card is GORGEOUS! I love your flowers. Thanks for sharing.
Crafty hugs,
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

Andrea La Vigne said...

Virginia, this is such an awesome card! Love the colors on the flowers, and your inlaid die cutting looks wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing this!

Greta said...

Those flowers are just gorgeous, Virginia! Love your beautiful card! Congrats on your hugely successful challenge blog!