Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Guest Designer-Jacqueline De Groot

Hi there! It brings me great joy and honor to introduce our guest designer for the Tags and Scraplings Challenge. If you are active in the Hero Arts Flickr Group, you definitely will know Jacqueline De Groot's beautiful work. Jacqueline's stamping is one of a kind and oh. so. artful. Maybe it's her English heritage or perhaps it's the French country side that she resides in, or maybe it's the Dutch hubby that influences her... Jacqueline's poetic style in stamping is timeless and inspiring!

Here are the scraplings that Jacqueline created for this guest design.
from Jacqueline:
Scraplings are 1 1/2 x 4 1/4 inches.
On the first one I have used a punch 1.75 x 1.75cm on projects which never got used.
The second one uses a scrap of patterned paper to cover the surface on which is lightly stamped and added a bird and a sentiment which I found in my scrap basket.
The third scrapling has punched out circles which I retrieved from scraps of patterned paper. The little dragonfly was also in my scrap basket.

 3 gorgeous tags that Jacqueline created
From Jacqueline:
The left tag: has two 'recycled clothing tags' which have been covered with scraps of PP. I did a little stamping and retrieved the bird from my scrap basket. I have a large number of clothing tags which I keep if I have a new item of clothing for the family.
The middle tag: I cut out from a tag-template and stamped. I covered another small clothing-tag with pp and cut out the butterfly from a very old Nature Book which is my second 'recycled item' on my projects.
The right tag: was a stamped tag from Hero Arts, from the Forever set (AC037). I had stamped it a while ago but didn't like the dark red color. So I used another clothing tag which I covered with a scrap of PP to adhere to the centre, giving it a softer look. The butterfly was once again retrieved from the scrap basket and I colored it to match the tag colors. I added sequins to the centers.
From Jacqueline: The third set of pictures are my source: scrap basket/clothing tags/punched out squares from unused projects. (I don't usually throw anything away, I believe everything can be recycled!).

Wow, what do you think? Let's give Jacqueline a round of applause! I hope that you are so inspired that you want to rush to your craft desk (and recycle bin) and start creating! Please keep your projects coming and feel free to submit multiple projects.
Because once your creative juice is flowing, you have to keep going!

14 comments:

Barb said...

I adore Jacqueline's work - she is so talented! How awesome that she's your guest designer, Virginia! Love all her scraplings and tags! Gorgeous creativity!

Shelly said...

WOW! Simply, amazing! All are so pretty!

Cindy C. said...

Give me a minute to pick up my jaw off the floor......OMG Jacqueline's projects are impressive!! And they are great inspirations!!!!

Steph Mitchell said...

I agree that Jacqueline's work is beautiful! She's certainly a great inspirational guest designer.

Sarah Gray said...

Beautiful scrapings and tags from Jacqueline - I love her elegant style! She combines stamps and elements so effortlessly :)

Barb Ghig said...

I love seeing Jacqueline's designs...she is a true artist! Thanks for including her as Guest Artist, Virginia!

ThePurplePlace said...

So very happy and excited to see Jacqueline being the featured designer!

I am one of those gals who knows her work well from the Hero Flickr Group and I think she is amazingly talented.

And now that I have had time to read up and figure out what "Scraplings" are, I think I will try one tomorrow for the new challenge!! Sounds really FUN!!

Helen F. said...

Jacqueline's work is amazing!
She's a fabulous guest designer, love her tags and scraplings :-)

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Wow!!! Just stunning work as always. Congratulations to Jacqueline on being featured for the challenge!

Carol McCready said...

Gorgeous tags. Love the colors and layers.

jintyoo7 said...

Jacqueline's' work is in a class of its own. Her style is so unique and positively beautiful :)

Jacqueline said...

Thank you, Virigina! It was my pleasure to participate in your challenge, I enjoyed it very much and continue enjoying the projects that have been made so far!

Sheila H said...

Beautiful scraplings and tags - great inspiration!

Martha said...

Virginia, what a fun post!
I always love Jacqueline's creations!