Sunday, June 8, 2014

Guest Designer-Donna Mikasa

Hello, dear friends! It brings me great pleasure to introduce our 2nd guest designer! Donna Mikasa is one of the most well-known, respected and admired stamper! I have been a huge fan of Donna since I joined Hero Arts Flickr in 2008. If you have come across Donna and her beautiful stamping art work, I am sure that you already know how sweet, genuine and kind she is. Donna's seemingly simple yet thoughtful designs often leave you with a huge smile once you see her beautifully-executed cards/tags. Lucky for us, Donna is here to share her big talent with us!

I had such fun looking through Donna's Flickr photos and found these gorgeous tag samples from the last 2-3 years.
Texture Tiles tags
Blossom tagsBlessings to you

Today  Donna created 3 scraplings for our challenge...


Donna: My scraplings are pretty straight forward. The recycled element I used is a coffee cup protector sleeve from Starbucks for the "ground" portion on all three.
The new ones have quotes from Oprah Winfrey (whose mentor is Maya Angelou!) and I used both sides, the right side and the back side with the ridges

Aren't they adorable or what? Will you please stop by Donna's blog here and leave her some love!? Thank you, Donna, for your amazing inspiration.

 I hope that you are now inspired and ready join the fun! There are still lots of time to experiment and play!

10 comments:

Barb said...

So awesome to see Donna guest designing! I LOVE everything she creates - she is so talented! I'm glad you shared some of her previous tags, Virginia - love seeing them again, and her scraplings are sooo adorable!

donna mikasa said...

It's so nice to be here! Thank you for the honor of being a guest designer and for sharing my tags, too!

Dawn Turley said...

Super sweet scarplings from Donna. Just delightful

~amy~ said...

Yay for Donna! Love her work! DARLING scraplings!

jintyoo7 said...

Donna is indeed an amazing stamper/artist and has a heart of gold! Everything Donna makes is utterly beautiful, so happy to see her guesting here - yay!!

Beautiful trio of scraplings, and love the "re-purposed" coffee sleeve hills :)

Barb Ghig said...

Oh, I just love Donna's scraplings! Such a fun idea to use sleeves from her coffee cups for the ground on her newest examples...LOVE them all!

Judy1223 said...

Donna is absolutely AMAZING and I am one of her biggest fans! (And proud of it!) I love her sweet tags and how she used the coffee cup sleeves...brilliant!

Shelly said...

Ack! Donna totally ROCKS everything! Love her little scraplings!!! So sweet and adorable! :)

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Wonderful stuff! Yay for you and Donna!

Martha said...

YAY! Another fun post, Virginia!
I love Donna's tags & scraplings!