Sunday, May 4, 2014

Guest Designer--Mariana Grigsby

Today we are welcoming our first guest designer for the May Challenge--Mariana Grigsby
I have been a fan of Mariana right after I had became active in the online stamping community (circa 2009). As a Graphic Designer, Mariana has impressive credentials in card-making (see here). Her attention to every detail on her projects always leave me in awe. Mariana's mad coloring skills and clever techniques make her projects standout.

 Mariana: "My first card, features a Hero Arts woodblock stamp (Words & Flowers). The image was stamped with black ink on a sticky canvas card. I love the texture of the canvas, and I also added handmade stitches along the edge to create a rustic look. The flower was also stamped twice orange card stock to be trimmed onto two pieces (outer and inner shapes). Then,  the two pieces were layered with foam tape on top of the canvas image. Additionally, I put Glossy Accents details, to make the leaves and flower center to stand out.  I used patterned paper as the background (6x6 Harvest Lane, Simple Stories) and I complemented this card with a thanks sentiment Cube It by Jane's Doodles.
Notice how Mariana made stitching a very important design element?
Her 2nd project is oh. so. inspiring....
Mariana: "I used embroidery floss to make the flowers, stems and leaves. To obtain perfect circles, I used a circle template and pierced the holes using a piercing tool  (even numbers of holes work perfect).
 
Then, I simply hand-stitched the flowers. For the stems, I used a stitch template. I also made some extra holes for the leaves. A sentiment from Word Salad (Paper Smooches) and three enamel dots were added for the extra details for this card."

Wow....how about that! I absolutely adore how she stitched the leaves!! Don't you think Mariana is amazing? I sure do think so!

Dr. John and I had the pleasure of meeting Mariana and her hubby Larry last October in Chicago.  We had a great time enjoying a lunch together. The hubbies had fun talking about cars and the ladies chatted about cards--PERFECT!

I am so happy that Mariana and I collaborated on this challenge. Thank you, Mariana, for your super inspiring project today!

14 comments:

Barb said...

Beautiful work from Mariana! Love the canvas texture on her first card and those stitched flowers are so charming! Definitely inspirational! :)

Sheila H said...

Beautiful inspiration! The hand stitching is just perfect. The cards are whimsical and fun.

Dotty Jo x said...

Stunning inspiration! Jo x

keren said...

Gorgeous cards Mariana. Love the stitched flowers and leaves!

~amy~ said...

Yay for Mariana! I'm such a fan of her work and how fun that you 4 were able to meet up!

Sindhu said...

Great cards! I am totally in love with the second card!

Lin said...

Love these cards by Marianna! The first one on sticky canvas is genius! Must try that!!

Mariana Grigsby said...

Thank you so much, Virginia for the invitation to be your Guest Designer! It was fun to think outside the box and create for your challenge! :) xoxo

Mariana Grigsby said...

Thanks ladies for the sweet comments here :)

Jacqueline said...

Beautiful cards, just love how they use stitching in such a unique way!

Helen F. said...

What amazing cards from Maiana! I love the sweet stitched flowers :-)

donna mikasa said...

I'm a big fan of Mariana's work, too! Her cards are always perfectly done and I love her attention to detail. The stitched flowers are adorable!

Annette Allen said...

awesome guest designing.. fabulous stitching..

Shelly said...

These are beautiful! Love the stitching on both! :)