Sunday, May 11, 2014

Guest Designer-Keren Baker (Part 2)

 We are in for another treat today! Our guest design Karen Baker has a 2nd project to share with us. Here is part 1 in case you missed seeing it. Do check it out!

  Without further ado, let's get right to Keren's project....

From Keren about her project:

Once I’d stamped a portion of the woodgrain on cardstock, I trimmed it down to make a ‘swing seat’, coloured in with Promarkers & put the seat onto the cardstock & marked with a pencil where the seat ended. I then added the ‘rope’ lines with pencil and  pricked them. I stamped the bunnies on in between the marked lines

Products: Hero Arts ‘Designer Woodgrain’ S5208 stamp, Mama Elephant’s Hunny Bunny se
Then I sewed in a graduated colourway using cotton thread. I stamped the sentiment, stamped out the tails again, coloured them in with Promarkers & added them & the swing with 3D foam pads. I finished off with sequins.
 
Top tip from Keren:


1. If you want to avoid ‘covering up’ the back of the sewing on the inside of the card, do the sewing onto a panel of cardstock & then attach that to the blank.
2. Do all your stamping first before you begin the more time consuming stitching. Stamping mistakes can be quickly repeated whereas you don’t want to have to redo all the stitching because of dodgy stamping (yup, I’ve done that before!)

Isn't Keren inspiring or what? Let's give her a round of applause for her beautiful work by visiting Keren's blog and leave her some love!? I hope that you are now eager to create something with stitching! We are close to 100 entries and that is simply amazing! You still have lots of time to create, so keep them coming! Wish you all a Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

~amy~ said...

LOVE Keren's clever AND adorable card!