Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Get Stitching!

 We have 4 more days left to enter the Virginia's View Challenge!!!! To keep the inspiration going, I have this little card of mine to share.
a bright sunshiney day
Supplies: Basic Grey (Fresh Cut), Simon Says Stamp ( All Season Tree Die), sentiment (CAS-ual Friday's Sunbeams), embroidery (Michaels), Perfect Peal Liquid Droplets (for ground)

See, a little stitching goes a long way? Yes?

Here are the links and videos that I have recently discovered in blog land about stitching on cards:

~Some eye candy from this Sew Easy/Waffle Flower giveaway (you can comment to win here)
~The talented Lucy Abrams has shared her stitching in her tutorials (see here and here)
~You can find this gorgeous embroidery card here in MS Living  
~A wonderful article about hand-stitching

Also, here's an update from Stephanie: 
"Dear family and friends, I've arrived safely in the Dominican Republic and I'm currently enjoying a little paradise here! No free wifi anywhere...". Stephanie is working on her PhD project in DR and will NOT be judging this month's stitching challenge. She will be missed.

 So what do you think? Thanks for stopping by!  

10 comments:

Deepti said...

Amazing is the word for this creation, love the stitching !!

Laura Jane said...

Stephanie, you will be missed. God Speed young lady.

conil said...

Your card is simply precious...as is Stephanie, world traveler that she is. Best of luck to her...aren't you special to have created such a terrific human being.

Annette Allen said...

that tree is so cool.. yay for Stephanie.. wishing her many blessings and safe travels..

aaga said...

Good luck to Stephanie!!!

Shelly said...

Sweet card! And I hope your daughter enjoys herself! :)

Cornelia W said...

Hi Virginia, I am not big on stitching, but I did manage to make one project - it's not a card - hope you don't mind... have a great day, Cornelia

Cris G said...

Very fun and artsy card, Virginia.
Sending my wishes of a pleasant stay in DR to your daughter, with lots of sunshine and swimming, excuse me, working, I meant :)... but there is nothing wrong in doing both and I'm sure Stephanie is multitasking skilled :).

Cornelia W said...

Hi Virginia - thanks for your sweet comment - I could make you a Dinkelmaus - I still have some left over fabric, but you would need to fill it yourself. Let me know.
Cornelia

Manuela said...

Hi Virginia, thanks for your kind comment an wishes on my blog. Your german is super! Great fun Challenge and wonderful blog have you here :-)
Ich wünsche dir einen schönen Tag, liebe Grüße
Manuela