Wednesday, May 21, 2014

A Wrap-Up!

Hello! Have you checked out all of the amazing stitching entries? I bet if you take a look at a few of the entries, you will feel so inspired and that you will want to do stitching all over again? Stitching does take a bit of time and planning, but as you know, the result is almost always awesome and satisfying. The love and passion of card-making truly comes through in each stitch that you make! 

Today I am highlighting a few special features from the entries. Every time I do the Wrap-Up post, I realize how much work that you put into your entries to make this challenge a success.
With that, thank you from the bottom of my heart!
Here is the summary of this challenge:
1. Let the stitching be the star!
These masterpieces truly make the stitching shine! They used the creative and colorful stitched images as the main design element. I think each one of them deserves to be FRAMED, don't you think? Bravo!!

2. Faux stitching rocks! 
Need I say more? These clever designs have all the fine stitched  touches without all the work! The results can be as simple or complex as you want them to be.

3. Machine-stitching makes the most beautiful borders! 
These amazing machine -stitched cards convey the refined and sophisticated touches so perfectly. Stitching helps kick the designs up a huge notch!

4. Messy stitching can be a GOOD thing
The messy stitching provides a funky and playful feel to these lovely and whimsical designs. Kudos to these talented designers who really know to make their stamps and stitching SING!
 
5. Let's MOVE with the stitching! 
Who knew that stitching can make the design MOVE and FLOW? The stitched lines draw your attention to assorted directions and curves...genius stroke, I'd say!
So there you have it! I am planning a lot of fun themes for the challenge blog and I know you will love the future challenges to come. Wait till you find out about our upcoming guest designers....Wow! It has been another exciting month here in this blog.

Our Spotlight Feature is coming up on the 25th! We'll then find out who wins the Top Prize $25 gift voucher from Simon Says Stamp
 Thank you for taking the time to visit!

11 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

WOW, talk about eye candy, there's plenty of it here!!! I'm so impressed with all of these fabulous creations!

maria f. said...

Virginia, you've made my Wednesday! A tough challenge, but cardmakers sure rose to the occasion. Thanks for your great challenges.

Houses Built of Cards said...

BEAUTIFUL cards you picked! And I was super honored to see two of mine up there! Thanks so much - this was such a fun challenge!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Hamutal Shafrir said...

Wonderful creations everyone! Thank you so much, Virginia, for including my card in your highlights. It was such a fun challenge and I enjoyed creating for it. I adore the work you do here!

Cindy C. said...

Awesome projects!! So many different ways to use stitching on cards!!! Very inspiring indeed!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Virginia, I just wanted to say that I really appreciate the effort you put in to make this such a fun challenge! It feels like the old Tuesday Trigger - the way we all stretch ourselves to try different techniques! I love your wrap up posts too! Thanks for showing 2 of my cards!

onelayercards said...

Virginia, you are awesome at taking the time to comment on all the entries and do this Wrap-Up post! So many beautiful entries. Thanks so much for including one of my cards! Wonder what you have in store for us in June :o)

~Shery

wienerhoneymooners said...

I want to thank you as we'll. This is tons of work on this runaway monster hit challenge!! Be careful what you wish for, right "wink"... And I will always support, even if I can't stitch a stitch!!! BTW thanks for my card wrap up highlight, I am humbled, thanks again!!!!

Shelly said...

Oh, my!...Thank you, Virginia for 'highlighting' my card! :) And I must say, ALL the cards are amazing!

mayholicraft said...

What a great wrap-up! Thanks so much for the inspiration. Love this challenge!!! May

Michelle said...

Virginia, your challenge does seem to bring out the most amazing creativity in people. These cards are all amazing!