Monday, April 14, 2014

Stenciled Rainbow Card

Just popping in to share a stencil card that I made!
I used this little stencil from Simon Says Stamp (Rainbow).

 I applied Distress Inks one at a time (with a bit of masking). It was rather easy to do. The most time-consuming part was sewing up the sequins. You can totally skip  that part by adhering it with Glossy Accent. But I think the stitching adds that Wow factor, right?  In the end, I applied Stickles with a paint brush and that was it! The sentiment is from CAS-ual Fridays Stamps (Truth Is).

I am absolutely delighted that so many of you try something new and step outside of your comfort zone with stencils. Having fun and trying something new...that's what this challenge is about!
you are fantasic

16 comments:

aileen (mum) said...

That rainbow is so cute. Everytime I think I have enough stencils I see another that I just have to (need) have. Beautiful card

~amy~ said...

rainbows, gotta love them. This card is awesome!

Diane Jaquay said...

Cute little rainbow, love the addition of the sequins!

Lee-Anne said...

Love that sweet rainbow, Virginia! And love that you stitched the sequins onto your card instead of gluing...it really does add something special!

Tracey McNeely said...

Rainbow stencil? Brilliant Virginia!

sandie said...

Sorry I haven't been around to you for a bit, I have not managed to step that far out of my comfort zone!! But I have been enjoying viewing your cards and this one just popped and had to let you know xx

donna mikasa said...

LOOOVE your little rainbow, accented with rainbow sequins! That's a "why didn't I think of that?" card, for me! And look at that gallery filling up again......

Maureen Morton said...

Brilliant little rainbow! Such a happy card, Virginia. Love the stitches, too.

Laura B. said...

stunning rainbow card!! love the stitched sequins!!

Shelly said...

AWESOME!!! LOVE this!

Romaine said...

Love, love your card! So many fabulous ones shown. I just ad to share one of 5 (or 6) different styles of thank you cards I made using our flag as the theme for a trip my dd is taking in a couple of days. :0)

Katie Ann Brooks said...

This is beautiful V! I love the stitched sequins, such a nice touch!

Cris G said...

Beautiful rainbow card. So cool how you accented each color with a sequin, just love it!
I'll be back soon with, at least, one card.
Oh, and thanks for all the information about stencils. A challenge and learning at the same time, what could be better?

Julia Aston said...

what a wonderful shimmery rainbow Virginia! love the sequins too!

Diane said...

What a fun rainbow design.

Hugs Diane

maria f. said...

Missed this one. That might be the sweetest rainbow I ever did see!