Friday, April 11, 2014

Inspiring Ideas for Stencils!

Hello! Are you having fun with stencils yet?
Here are some inspiring posts, links and videos about stencils.

Paper Crafter's Library: beautiful examples of using stencils.
Here is an excellent line up of stencil videos (from Penny Black)
Heidi Swapp video (layered stencil)
May Flaum sums up her 5 ways of using stencil ( with a video, too)
Dry Embossing with stencils by Shari Carroll (see here)
Here is an idea that I shared in Yes, Virginia...


Catherine Pooler (player #111) has some cool ideas with stencils and gel medium to inspire you! She made it look EASY and FUN! Thanks, Catherine!


 In the following video, Darlene combined stencil and Emboss Resist to create these gorgeous cards.

Quite a few of you are using embossing paste. I was quite skeptical about this material at first. Once I got my hands on it, I love playing with the paste! This demo was done by Wendy Vecchi showing how to use the Embossing Paste and stencil! You may learn a few things, too!

After you see the video, you will understand why :)

And remember our last challenge-watercolor? How about combining stencil and water-color? The talented Nichol Magouirk video shows you how!

 I hope these videos have inspired you. Please leave these talented ladies some blog love or give them a thumbs-up after viewing!
Thanks so much for stopping by!

5 comments:

Karen L K said...

Wow so nice of you to include so many videos and links. I have not watched them yet but I will!

Barb said...

This is quickly becoming my favorite feature each month at Virginia's View! I absolutely love that you share so many videos and examples from amazing artists! Thank you, V! ♥

icardeveryone01 said...

Virginia... here you go again! I loved each and every one of these videos. Challenge #1 was my first water-colored card and this challenge will be my first attempt at stencils AND embossing paste =] I've so admired Debby Hughes and her use of embossing pastes... You are so making me stretch my creative muscles - thank you!! =] M.

conil said...

So sweet of you to keep us abreast of what's happening in the stencil or, even, craft world. Thanks.

lynda said...

This post really is an "everything you ever wanted to know about stencils"! I had to save some of the videos to watch later. You've compiled such great info!