Friday, April 4, 2014

Guest Designer-Debby Hughes

It's an exciting day here at Virginia's View Challenge. We are featuring the first guest designer of the month! If you are into card-making and blogging, you might know her beautiful work already! Debby Hughes (Lime Doodle Designs) is well known for her clean and simple designs with amazing details and touches. Her stunning cards will make you stop everything and admire!

...See what I mean? Debby has whipped up (literally) a "stencil-themed" project for us. The colors and textures of this sweet card are simply dreamy and captivating....

Debby:  "As soon as I saw the inspiration collage the bottom centre image just jumped out at me! I was visualizing an Italian villa with rustic bare plaster, my daydream might have diverged to include fresh pasta with a little pesto and a glass of something red on a sun drenched veranda, but I digress! I gently blended some ink in pinky/peach tones to Taffy card stock and then applied Claudine Helmuth multi matte medium. Once dry I swept Wendy Vecchi crackled texture paste over the panel to give the rustic crackle effect. When I first started using stencils I used dies to create my own from card and for this card I knew the perfect die for the job was the Butterfly Tendrils die from Simon Says Stamp. Once I'd got my DIY stencil in place I very roughly and thickly applied Wendy Vecchi white embossing paste to create an effect similar to the inspiration. Finally accenting the piece with a tag and a couple of vellum butterflies."

This is the diecut that Debby used to create her own stencil
 Butterfly Tendrils Die
 Here is the close-up
So there you have it! A HUGE thank-you to Debby for creating this amazing project. I hope you are totally inspired and want to try out this challenge. Remember, if you don't have a stencil, you can use any diecut to create your own stencil (just like Debby)!
Thanks for stopping by!



12 comments:

Barb said...

Debby is amazing! She is one of my favorite all-time card makers and she did not disappoint today! Her card is absolutely stunning! I am now totally inspired! Fabulous choice for a guest designer, V!

Tasnim said...

oh my goodness!! Debby's card is out of this world!!!

aaga said...

-jaw dropped-

Wanda H said...

Wow!!! Fabulous card!!!

jintyoo7 said...

*Speechless* - Debby comes up with the most incredible designs - okay, perhaps I wasn't so speechless - LOL

Beautiful gallery building up already, Virginia :)

~amy~ said...

spectacular!

Cat Craig said...

So beautiful

icardeveryone01 said...

Debby you teach me something with every single card you make =] Love this!

conil said...

Debbie does such amazing cards... this is so reminiscent of Tuscan villas. WOW!

Cindy C. said...

Debbie's card is amazingly beautiful!! Love the textures!!

Shelly said...

WOW! Such a stunning card! Love!

Sheila H said...

This piece is incredible. I love the texture. It conveys amazing movement.