Monday, March 10, 2014

Did I Mention....Prizes?

First of all, can I just say a big fat thank-you for being the most wonderful participants in this new challenge blog? I am still a one woman operation because I only estimated 20 entries for the entire month ( it's now close to 200 entries!!). So many of you have never tried water-coloring before, you sure took the plunge and make a huge splash with this new challenge! I am amazed at the wonderful entries that you had submitted! 
Since this is a challenge blog, did I mention prizes? No, I think I forgot that little detail! Well, lucky for us, there will be sponsors offering a prize to the top winner. I will have Top 5 Fav selected and announced on the 25th every month. My daughter Stephanie who is an accomplished photographer/PhD student offered to help me with this difficult task--select Top 5 Favorites. The blog header and badge photos are Stephanie's work (see here). Stephanie has an excellent taste in designs and she does make cards ( when she has time) !

The Top 5 selection criteria will be based on:
1. Originality (30%) 
2. Execution (30%)
3. Craftsmanship (20%)
4. Presentation (10%)
5. Wow factor (10%)

Among the Top 5 Fav, there will be a random draw for a lucky (and talented) winner who will then receive the top prize. I hope this selection process is fair and encouraging to all participants. Also, in order to qualify for the top prize, your project has to be NEW (not linking back to a previously made project). You are welcome to combine other challenges, please limit to your total number of challenges no more than 4.
Without further ado, here is our very first sponsor for this month's water-coloring challenge.
CAS-ual Fridays Stamps


Let's hear it from the sweet and talented owner/founder Michele Gross

"Founded in 2012, we are a small company with big ideas located in beautiful Colorado.     CAS-ual Fridays Stamps are made of the finest clear photopolymer available, and proudly made in the Heartland of America. My designs are based on my love for Clean And Simple design, hence the CAS in our name, but will delight any stamper's style. Whether you are a CAS enthusiast, or lover of all things layer-licious, you will have a blast getting inky with them."

For the top winner of our first challenge CAS-ual Fridays Stamps has generously offered $25 gift to their store! In fact, the new release of fun stamps and Fri-dies is out right now...you can check them out here.


Also, a special note of thanks goes to Michele, who was so encouraging and helpful! Michele offered me some fabulous advice on starting this challenge blog. For that, I am truly grateful!

We will reveal the official sponsor after March Challenge! So, are you now excited!? Thanks for stopping by!    
Yours truly, Virginia 

18 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Fantastic news. However, with or without prizes when you are involved it will be great, which is why we all play! Wishing you many many more successful challenges.

Barb said...

I could not be more thrilled for you, my friend! I KNEW this would be a huge success! YIPPEE!!! ♥

Karen L K said...

So cool Virginia that this took off so well! No fair sending me off to look at your daughter's fabulous photos. I almost forgot to come back.

Michele Gross said...

I just love you to pieces. That is all :)

sandie said...

fab you got sponsors but your challenge has inspired so many anyway! And I watched Shery's tulip video today and really want to find some time to try this xx

joy said...

Virginia, you are such an amazing person and your enthusiasm and talent just draw people in like a magnet! No one is surprised at the way this new adventure of yours has taken off. Glad you have Stephanie to help you. I am sure this will just keep getting better and better!!

Meihsia Liu said...

Love all your great inspiration, Virginia. Such a fun and awesome challenge. :)

Jeanne said...

Wow, am I impressed with all the cards submitted! And thanks for the videos.

Greta said...

Hi Virginia,
Feel free to delete mine if the use of a paper that looks like watercolor is not OK. Still hope to get a card done that I watercolor. Congrats on having so much interest in your new challenge!

aileen (mum) said...

I cant resist commenting again, Virginia 203 who could ask for a better start. Unbelievable and such brilliant posts. I have never posted a card as I dont have a blog for crafting, just work. But I am very very tempted.

Marie said...

What an utterly delightful and refreshing challenge. Thanks Virginia! Looking forward to more exciting challenges.

Jennifer Jackson said...

Congrats on your new challenge blog - looks like it's going to be a big hit!

Kelly Griglione said...

Umm, I seriously have been living under a rock this last week! Really, you should see my email that is out of control. How awesome that you have your own challenge blog!! I knew you started a FB page but I just thought that was connected to your original blog. Go Virginia!! I sure hope you are feeling the love everyone has for you : )

Cindy C. said...

Congrats on starting your very own challenge blog Virginia! Your daughter did a great job with the blog header and badge photo!! Looking forward to more challenges. All the best!! Hugs.

Helen F. said...

Oh Yes, Virginia! I am surprised that you are 'surprised' at the participation on your Challenge Blog! You are such an inspiration to so many of us and I am thrilled to see you initiate a fun and creative outlet for so many talented card makers and "I-wanna-be-just-like-Virginia" card makers...like me ;-) Congrats and {{{HUGS}}}

Kailash said...

Virginia, Thank you for this fun challenge, I am simply loving playing with water coloring here. Your blog has been so inspiring with all these amzing crafters showcasing their talent:-)!!
Congrats on the huge amount of entries!!

Shelly said...

AWESOME!!! Love your challenge and I can see it continuing to grow! ;) And Michele is so sweet...gotta love her! :)

Jacqueline said...

I am so happy with this new challenge blog Virginia! It gives us all something to look out for and look forward too. You are so kind and it's so nice to be brought together as a crafting community in this way! Thanks so much.